where to start!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke1

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey all!
today i was herping again down at Kuringai and i couldn't find to much so i went to the bottom of the park on my bike...i saw 4 kids throughing what i thought was rocks and a big rock until i noticed them go and pic it up...the little terds had caught a baby heath monitor and were throwing him at a huge rock...and he was looking really really sick! i raced in a grabed him and he was not looking good! the only thing i had to transport him in was a bottle so i drank all the water out and bit afew holes in it for ventalaion. any way im now at home stuck with a little baby heath monitor! what i did was wronge 9taking him out of the park) but also good (i probably saved him from certain death).

ok...hes looking good now and hes sitting on top of the heat lights i have in the tank and hes starting to move around abit now!

What should i do? if hes better by tomoz should i take him back to the park or should i keep him for a few days just to see how he goes?

Cheers,

LUke

if hes undamaged keep him for a few days and feed him up, then return him to where he came from.

hope u flogged the a$$ of the idiot kids, dam i hate people.

good on ya for saving the poor thing,..its so hard to imagine what goes thru teh heads of turds that hurt animals. :(

Does he have any open wounds? If he does wait for them to heal as monitors get fly blown really easy. ANd get a wildlife carers permit.

Mattmc: the would probs uthenase him :(
Chris1: he doesn't look like he has any scratches...but im worried about the internal stuff...i don't know if he has any...i would of but i was more concerned about the poor lil fella! like what could of happened if i put him on the ground and started bashing the kids...LOL..they were like 10!....and 4 of em
waruikazi: it doesn't look like it...i don't wanna handle him to much and stress him out...i'll try get one!
Ryan: if they are there when we go we can smash em LOL!!!! around 10!

Most vets are pretty good if they are not getting lumped with the problem, most don't go euthing willy nilly.

un-educated kids. makes me wander about peoples parenting skills.........or should i say LACK of parenting skills...

alot of vets dont euth for no reason we are quite caring and feed and fix many native wildlife to be released etc. but i would get him a check up i dont know where in syd u from but if you let me know i could find some vet local to u too have a look at him then if you happy to do the caring thats fine

Luke1,

I hate to hear of cases of animals cruelty, you definitely done the right thing in rescuing the little fella.
However, it is best that you pass on the animal to Wires or Sydney Wildlife as they are the only ones legally allowed to look after wild native animals.
I know that most vets would not euthanise a wild animal if it looks as though it can be saved.
David Vella at North shore vet hospital at Crows Nest would be the one to get the animal to, he is a wires member and top vet.
Tel : 9572 6854

Your right to be concerned about internal injuries, so please get it into see some professional care asap.

Cheers Neil

***!!!! I would have given those kids what for.... poor little thing, hope he gets better

Get in touch with -Peter on this site.He should be able to organise someone from Sydney Metropolitan Wildlife Services to take it into care.Or you could give them a call on 9413 4300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back