Which enclosure for my new yearling Jungle?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanoCFE

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have just brought a yearling Jungle and I have had him in a reptile one 30x30x45cm enclosure for 2 and a half weeks, I have tried feeding him twice now and he has not eaten, I know it is still early days but was wondering if putting him in a click clack a bit smaller then his enclosure would help him settle better and feed easier? any thoughts???
Thanks

Maybe put a picture up of his enclosure and tell us what the hot end temperatures are and cool end temperatures. I had a diamond python about a year old in a similar sized enclosure and it ate fine.

Where is your heat coming from and where is your hot spot? Also do you have hides other than the toilet?

I have placed him in a smaller click clack now, with a heat pad under one end, he just has the toilet roll for a hide but in the click clack I have newspaper as the substrate and he has got in under that as well! I got him out today for a few minutes while I changed his water and he seems a lot better now, so I will leave him a couple more days and then try feeding again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back