Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bob206891

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide which gecko to get as my first. But don't really know, i want one that is kinda easy to care for i guess (don't wana be killing one). And because of the tank i'm gunna use (60x30x30 glass tank) what kinda of heating hould i use with that type of tank.

Any responses at all pleaseeee :)

Thick-tails are good first gex.
I don't have them but reading caresheets and talking with owners they say they're great.

Jess

Nephrurus husbandi or Nephrurus levis. Most Diplodactylus and Oedura seem to be suitable beginners geckos aswell.

Ok, i was thinking/looking at getting a robust velvet gecko. (Oedura robusta). Are they then one of the easier to care for types?

O. Robusta are easy i havent seen mine for months but they seem to be thriving.

Ah, well i might try get one or two of them then..
By the way do geckoes need the UVB lights n stuff like that, or is just a general small heat light good for them?

No need for a UV light just a heat mat under the tank and if you go for some Oedura then get another heat mat for down the side wall

Aww damn lol, aren't heat mats like..expensive >< Meh, i guess i'll get one then. Thanks for the information/ideas :D

heatmats are a little more expensive but last aloooot longer than globes.

if you look around in regular shops for a standard heat pad (for therapeutic use) it's said that these are cheaper and provide a more even spread of heat as apposed to reptile heat mats that can generate a single hotter section then the rest of the mat.

this is what i've heard... not sure of how correct it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back