White snake settled in well.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey andy,

great news that he has settled in how is the other one going?

Hey Allison,
The Het is doing real well to, both have shed twice since I picked them up.
Although she can be a little moodie at times (snappy).

garthy

here here!!!! great rock band too (whitesnake that is)

LMAO, I was almost gonna name him Mr Coverdale ;)

Are there any problems associated with them being albino?

There does seem to be more problems than with normal Olives prior to say 3 months of age. Some clutches have died in the egg but once they are going they are just like any Olive. I have a 20 month old brother to Andy's boy which I expect will be a father in about 4 months. That's not bad cosidering I have heard some say they have a reputation for being bad feeders which lack labido. He was 4.6 kilos prior to cooling at 18 months.

There does seem to be more problems than with normal Olives prior to say 3 months of age. Some clutches have died in the egg but once they are going they are just like any Olive. I have a 20 month old brother to Andy's boy which I expect will be a father in about 4 months. That's not bad cosidering I have heard some say they have a reputation for being bad feeders which lack labido. He was 4.6 kilos prior to cooling at 18 months.
Do you think it has anything to do with your incubating method,or its just one of those things that happen.With your experince are the Albinos both Olive- Carpet the same in regards to start getting them to feed as normals...Also what length is the 20month old,i hope all goes well with them in the future...

Do you think it has anything to do with your incubating method,or its just one of those things that happen.With your experince are the Albinos both Olive- Carpet the same in regards to start getting them to feed as normals...Also what length is the 20month old,i hope all goes well with them in the future...

"Melba" the 20 mth old is about 2 meters and mated with my smallest het, a 6yo 7.5 kg female. Re incubation,I have heard of similar problems in three different incubation facilities, but when Trueblue bred my animals he had no problems. I think there is no difference between getting Albino or Normal Carpets going .

Thanx Warwick,maybe they dont like the hands that feed them....

Hi Warwick,
He is a stunning looking animal.
I would of been happy to leave with him instead of the boy I did buy, lol.
For the same price though :D.

I know you were talking about giving him a go this year when I was up there,
as you said, the worst than can happen is that he fires blanks.

Keep me posted, if the clutch is successful mate.
If it is, I might try my white boy over my normal girl in 18 months time, she is 3yo atm.
Get a clutch of 100% hets from it, with some new blood.

Well its been about 6 weeks since I got this little bloke from Wokka.
(Warrick is great to deal with)
He is a little guts, always ready for a feed, yet he has never struck/biten once.

Im very happy with the way he has settled in.

:O iv always wanted albino olives but i need a new car...... and id still have change left after i bought the car.... nice olive mate

a little bit off topic but i know gavin bedford also produced some granite olives...... why havent these been seen again or re-produced? anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back