white / white phase bearded dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hussy

Reaction score
Hi All, i'm a newbie here and have a question about the white phase and the white colouring in bearded dragons. At the risk of sounding like a fool who knows nothing
icon10.gif
can anyone explain to me the colour phases and the colours and what is the difference?? thanks heaps!!!

White phase are mostly white, yellow phase are mostly yellow etc, when people call them "high yellow" etc it means they are really, really yellow

I think its overaly used when people are describing beardie "phases" IMO.

well I have seen some supodsed yellow fases that are mostly grey ;)
Never heard of spell check? lol
Yeah it seems alot of people think if the dragon has even the tiniest bit of yellow it must be a yellow phase, then they call actual yellow phases high yellows which confuses everything

Thanks for that... Just one more question... Do the whites have white toenails??

Depending on which area they're found naturally in, beardies have different colours that they display - yellow, orange, red & white. Am hoping someone more knowledgable may be able to say which areas what colours are found in?
Their 'natural' colours have then been bred so some exhibit greater degrees of colour than others, with the really good ones guaranteed to have colour pretty much 24/7, to varying degrees of (thus the price difference).
Whites can have clear nails, but generally not:)

I think most beardies have black toenails - unless they carry or express the translucent gene, in which case they are clear. This is really popular in America... As far as I know there aren't any translucent beardies in Australia, or if there are I don't know of any for sale. I have 6 beardies and they are amazing. I love them :)

The breeding over in america is ridiculous.
The cost of a "normal" beardie over there is HUGE as they are so rare.

if you wanna see hypo bearded dragons check out brettix hes got about six or so that hatched out off a grey yellow pair i think there so frigin kool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back