Who do you have to lobby to get wildlife added to licences?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregcranston

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew, where you have to go to lobby to get animals added to licences. For example I would like painted turtles, emydura subglosa subglosa added to the victorian private wildlife licences, as well as Boyds forest Dragons, Long-nosed Potoroo's, Squirrel gliders. And even to get something like the Southern Angle headed dragon to get taken from the advanced licence list and placed on the basic licence. If anyone has any idea how these animals get added or taken off the schedules that would be great.
icon_smile.gif

theres a group that meets with the department in vic to organise adding species to the schedule,it takes ages for it to go through though,ill try and find the info as its in one of the monitor magazines somewhere,but end result is it takes time,a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time for it to go through and thats if it does go through,i wish the states would all do the same thing,would make things a lot easier,plus open up some great species that do very well in captivity,especially to us poor victorians,lol

some turtles,boyds forest dragons,some monitor species,pygmy spiny scale skinks,dwarf beardys and rough scaled pythons have been touted as being added for a couple of years now,i heard a rumour its not far off,but until it happens and if im just concentrating on the current list which has enough to keep me happy

I would also love the Long-nosed Potoroo to be added to the Vic schedules. I know they can be kept in South Australia, prob some other states too.
I volunteer at Pearcedale Conservation Park which has some. They are quite easy to keep, you just need a reasonably large and well planted aviary, and they eat vegies and fungi.
They'd be a much better animal to keep than say a rabbit or a guinea pig. I wish I could lobby at those meetings to get these beauties added! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back