who know's what it is

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakes_alive

Reaction score
Hi guy's,

Hope you all had a good easter. After the egg hunt at our house we went up to the blue mountains for the day, We kept seeing these little baby lizards, so I had to catch one to show the kids and got some pic's, I had no idea what they were, Last night I was on the net and in my book's and I think it could be a nobbi. I had never heard of them before. Hopefully you guy's can help me,

Hello Snake,

It looks more like a Jacky Lizard Amphibolurus muricatus. Nobbis have spikes on their necks like little dinosaurs.

My first impression was that you'd found a little Beardie because of the markings and the yellow open mouth. Maybe a HenryLawsonii.
Smooth you say? hmmmm.
Cute pics, don't you love the wild stuff?

So you think it's a jacky, ok have a look in the photo gallery in pinx snax there's a photo of a nobbi there, ( in the search I just typed in nobbi & it came up). and Here is a photo of a mountain dragon. I will go look at the jacky more closely now, thanks guy's.

Debbie

I wouldn't have a clue ssssnakeman, but here is a pic of a jacky, it has to be one of these three, (nobbi, mountain dragon or a jacky).

no jackys arn't blue in the mouth, two of mine have the same colour as the little critter with his mouth open, my other one has a more redie colour, i watch them eat all the time to make sure there doing okay, even have them sit there with their mouths open trying to bite me and i've never seen blue in their mouth ever.

Mine are victorian species maybe N.S.W ones do.

Definately a jacky.
Theres plenty of the little buggers around here at the moment. I would say you've found a yearling though.
Jacky dragons have bright yellow mouths. Mountain dragons have blue mouths and don't grow anywhere near the size of jackies.
So whereabouts in the Blue Mountains did you stay?
cheers

on a site called Australian Animals it say's the mountain dragon has a blue mouth and the jacky has a yellow mouth. So it must be a jacky? I think we solved it hay? Good on ya guy's, Love this site.

I had a few of these when I was a kid (About 12) I had a few different pattern types. They all had orange or yellow mouths and I knew them as Jacky or Tree Dragons.

Very nice little lizards. They got on well with my beardies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back