Who wants to be born in June?!?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

splat868

Not so new Member
Reaction score
These little guys were born today on a wet wintery day in Adelaide.

The "Mother" was actually sold to me as a male 14 months ago, although I suspected it was a female at the time. I was actually even more convinced when I thought she was gravid in December, but had given up and concluded that I was wrong about her being gravid and maybe about the sex.

Strangely, any mating behaviour in the group had seemed to cease in November as normal, but if she was mated then, that would mean that she carried these for nearly 6 months.

I stumbled across these little ones while making sure that everyone was out of the rain and tucked away for the night, quite a surprise considering they are normally born in April.:D

Attachments

• IMG_4408.jpg
    IMG_4408.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 160
Thanks all.

Their heads struck me as huge too, much bigger than the other juv that was born this year.
Perhaps these are both males and the first a female.

They feel very soft and delicate at the moment. I havent held one on the day it was born before.
I am guessing that they will take a day or so to toughen up, and develope the normal shingleback rough scales.
Normally they have already felt solid when I discovered them, unlike these who feel squishy.

Thanks all.

Their heads struck me as huge too, much bigger than the other juv that was born this year.
Perhaps these are both males and the first a female.

They feel very soft and delicate at the moment. I havent held one on the day it was born before.
I am guessing that they will take a day or so to toughen up, and develope the normal shingleback rough scales.
Normally they have already felt solid when I discovered them, unlike these who feel squishy.

Super kool find,.....Sounds like you may have found a name for one at least,....Squishy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back