Why??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FAY

Why is my computer running so slow???
Every other site seems fine except APS!
I have upgraded to faster broadband with unlimited downloads.
I have had a computer fella here who showed me that my memory 80GB isn't even half full and couldn't see anything that would be making it go slow.

Is anyone else having these problems???
It is a lot slower esp when I 'refresh'.

i find aps slow on a lot of occassions and just put it down to so many ppl on the site

i am on cable internet, and at times APS is the only bloody thing that takes ten hours to open up a page, whilst every other net site is fine :(

dido to all of that probably the server APS is running off but whatever it is it takes forwever, on broadband and hafl the time i walk away and do something else for a few minutes

mine aint and i dont have the fastest broadband and cpu around:)

mines really slow i was waiting for 20mins to upload a pic and it didn't upload

No its pretty much fine for me all the time. Once in a blue moon its slow..

Taking me 14 seconds for a page load with 150 users on line. It's been very noticeable on this end for the last week or so.

I was in chat last night.....I was 4-6 mins behind everyone else!
Never had a problem before....also doesn't matter how many people on line as I was up to 1.30am this morning!

Looks like a browser compatibility prob. My laptops running both Firefox and IE7 and Firefox is fine, IE7 is sloooowww

I find that later on at night time, when I've been logged into APS for a period of time.. The site tends to slow down alot, I waited I think it was around 10 minutes for one page to load. I ended up closing it down and going to bed.

Like someone else had mentioned here, I believe that it might be the servers, they get over crowded.. I guess that if APS were to upgrade to a better service provider, with higher bandwidth and space it might speed up..But that'd end up costing the APS owners more money.

It goes slow for me every now and again (only aps that is) but not really that slow.

I would tend to agree with nuthn2do as i use firefox and sometimes Safari and only
on the rarest of occasions have issues. Chat seems to be be hot and cold for me no real
obvious reason. Try firefox it ****es on IE...

I find it to a little slow at times, I just did a refresh page on this particualr page and it took 13seconds with the 150 people online now..That's not too bad but is slower than other sites..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back