Wierd hatchie central bearded behaviour?? HELP!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is impacted he will need a little more than some sunlight...i would have seen the vet ASAP.

If it is impacted the vet will probably tell you to give it some liquid parafin via syringe in the mouth. This will help it pass any sand build up. If its lack of UV then what you are doing plus the natural sunlight is probably all that can be done. I personally would recommend the mercury vapour bulbs over any of the tubes.

How will the vet tell if its impacted? and can i administer the liquid parafin even if it turns out it isnt impacted? and where do i get the parafin from?

boconnor said:
If it is impacted the vet will probably tell you to give it some liquid parafin via syringe in the mouth. This will help it pass any sand build up. If its lack of UV then what you are doing plus the natural sunlight is probably all that can be done. I personally would recommend the mercury vapour bulbs over any of the tubes.

If the enclosure isn't big enough, which i doubt it will be considering we're talking about a hatchy beardie, you would have a fried lizard considering they can't be ran on thermostats.

Teamsherman said:
How will the vet tell if its impacted? and can i administer the liquid parafin even if it turns out it isnt impacted? and where do i get the parafin from?

The vet can do an ultra-sound.

Stop guessing and get to the vet so you stop wasting your time with what might be irrelevent things. If you gotto the vet, suss out the problem, than you can know exactly what you should be doing, afterall you have no idea what pain this little feller might be in. What's more important, money or life?

Take it to the Vet.....A good Vet.
If it is impacted, it is in pain...

Remember...Travel to a good vet and have a live animal. All vets charge to see reptiles but only some vets help them.

Hi Teamsherman
Just wondering how your Bearded hatchy is doing now?
Sheri

HI T.s.

ANy news on the beardie? Were you able to get it to a vet? How is it?
I hope it's all okay :)

~N

Matty,

I personally believe that the basking area for sun loving dragons and monitors shouldn't be run through a thermostat anyway. The enclosure should be large enough to allow for an 8 hour basking spot which they can use as they please throughout the day. I don't like the idea of a thermostat turning the basking spot off and on throughout the day.

The little guy is doing fine, i have been feeding it 2 crickets a day and this morning i caught it trying to attack a large cricket that is in the enclosure with them. It seems to be going well but i will keep an eye on it closely for the next fortnight to make sure it doesnt go back down hill. Also it has been drinking a fair bit cause i have been misting them both and the branch they sit on and it has been licking up water everytime i have misted.

So happy to hear that he's better Shermy. Poor little thing.

There's a disease overseas in Beardies that causes them to shake and lose the use of their back legs.
I've seen the same symptoms that you described - - short lived, in a baby that's eaten a big cricket. It sounds like you've got him through the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back