Wild Beardie In Backyard

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilK

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all, went to take the washing in and found this guy basking up the top of one our shrubs.. been a bit warmer here today and the frogs are out so obviously he thought he'd have a sunbathe. Tried getting a photo as he was perched up there in a great fashion but I startled him and he jumped down. Got some photos anyway so enjoy... I can't understand why people don't keep blackish varieties like this in captivity, flash washed him out a bit but he looked great!

IMG_5393.jpg

IMG_5394.jpg

IMG_5400.jpg

IMG_5401.jpg

Does anyone have any info on this colour phase? I saw a few on Fraser Island basking that looked darker, but hard to tell if the flash has washed him out. I read somewhere that the red phase darkens up to black when they are basking, but as I don't keep beardies Im not too sure how true this is.

Nice pics, always nice to see these guys they arnt as common around Brisbane anymore. They can all go dark like this, it appears to be a normal grey colour.

Thanks for the kind comments. Cris I am renting an hour west of Brisbane and that's where I saw him, have actually seen a few here! Don't think I have ever seen one in Brisbane.

I'm near Beenleigh and have seen a few coming out for sun now it's warming up a bit.
I always slow down and look in the park on my street when I drive past and you see
some (easterns) basking on the grassy hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back