wild bhp pair

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishead

Reaction score
A few years ago a mate was up cape york bowhunting. It was early october and he found a pair of bhps basking. He took some video of them. One slithered down a tight hole in the ground next to where it was lying.
The ground was typical parched late dry season type stuff and the hole looked to be a dug burrow ie not a natural crevis or similar.
I just found it interesting that bhps nest and lay in such a dry environment in the wild. Does anybody know of any published observations of nesting bhps in the wild?
If you've got any buds that bowhunt they will probably have that bit of footage on one of Brad Smiths videos - I'm the red headed (hypomelanistic) guy on the vid:)
Bye, Steve.

re wild

Thats interesting fishead,i know of zilch records of bhps nesting and most others except various spilota and waterpythons,someone must have found other species nesting including bhps.Ive wondered whether they would line a nest with dry grass etc if i was up north i would find out for myself out of interest cause i cant find imfo on the subject,thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back