Wild blue tongue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richest2010

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I got given a wild baby blue tongue, how should I take care of it, I have a adult Beardy nd coastal carpet python, can you guys tell me how to take care of him?

Before I start, I just want to say that it is illegal to take reptiles from the wild, and that a lot of people on here will be against catching wild animals. but anyway, Blue tongues are very similar to bearded dragons except they cant climb as much, that having bin said, DON'T PUT IT IN WITH YOUR BEARDED DRAGON, that will just end with disaster. hope this helped.

Mitchell

I got given a wild baby blue tongue, how should I take care of it, I have a adult Beardy nd coastal carpet python, can you guys tell me how to take care of him?

The best way to take care of it would be to find out where is was taken from
and return it to that location!

It's got given to me I dunno where it came from, and it's only a baby, itll just be killed

It's got given to me I dunno where it came from, and it's only a baby, itll just be killed
You'd be surprised how well they can survive, although they can be easy picking for a bird they are versatile little fellas

The best place for it is in the wild. There is a high chance that it will die but that is how nature works.

it's only a baby, itll just be killed
how do you think all the adult blue tongues get to be adult blu tongues? do people like you take them from the wild and grow the up to be big and strong.some peoples stupidity is amazing do yourself a favour and read the rules and regulations on your licence so you don't get yourself a massive fine and find out where it was caught and return it to the nearest bush land

Whoever gave it to you needs to know it wasnt theirs to give. Imagine for a moment that npws or whoever gets tip of that you have illegal animal, they knock on your door and take all of your animals even the licenced ones assuming any of them are licenced. Why risk it over a blue tongue that you can get legally anyway. Find a creek and release it in the bush it will live happily and in my imagination die a very old and happy father/mother to many others

You'd be doing the animal a disservice by keeping it, it is a wild born animal and that is where it should stay. It might die but as a legendary Australian said "such is life".

Moral of the posts, let it go.

You need to return it to where it was "TAKEN" from OR you need to take it to your local vet so they can contact the right people.

it is ILLEGAL to take from the wild. I cannot believe you have accepted the responsibility of taking care of it when you obviously have no knowledge.

People that take wild animals from the bush etc just for the sake of it are doing more harm to the creature than leaving it be..... In victoria taking wildlife from the bush etc, holds a 6 month jail term.

need i say more....

You need to return it to where it was "TAKEN" from OR you need to take it to your local vet so they can contact the right people.

it is ILLEGAL to take from the wild. I cannot believe you have accepted the responsibility of taking care of it when you obviously have no knowledge.

People that take wild animals from the bush etc just for the sake of it are doing more harm to the creature than leaving it be..... In victoria taking wildlife from the bush etc, holds a 6 month jail term.

need i say more....[/QUOTE

+1
I got "given" a wild carpet, but it was brought to the appropriate place -veterinary clinic and I have a rehab license....plus a separate place to keep wildlife.
Have you thought about what your captive reptiles can pass onto this reptile, do you have the support of a veterinary clinic, can you recognize diseases, do you have enough knowledge?????
I know I don't, but I have the support from knowledgeable people, including veterinary support.
We all want to do our best for reptiles, but sometimes ignorance causes the most problems.....

Don't dis me..
my "hmm" was a response from reading your post. I don't considered the risk of disease.

I thought forums were where you could have your own opinions and responsed in your own way. If i was going to have a dig at you regarding anything that you have done l would do it by name and actually tell you.
I've only been into reptiles for maybe 5 years or so and my knowledge is growing but i wouldn't claim that l would know anymore than vet of a person how rehabs critters. My hat is off to you.

My "hmm" was merely a hmm with the nod of my head, nothing more.
Sorry l didn't make my thoughts clear. I would never come onto here and purposely cause an issue with another member. Again l apologise for not being clearer and will not let it happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back