wild green mamba

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mixmaster

Not so new Member
Reaction score
as everyone knows, green mambas are a very common occurrence throughout all australia..:eek:
i have been working a job at a place called duffys forest right near waratah park in sydney (near terrey hills/mona vale) and apparently the snake catchers have been called out a few times to remove snakes from the site.
the other day we found a clutch of 5 baby diamond pythons in a small pit and 2 king brown snakes in the roof of one of the sheds on site.
in other words it feels like we are really surrounded by snakes there.
anyway back to the snake catchers.
i have heard that they have come out to retrieve a green mamba (assuming illegally imported/bought) and i think the other was a western taipan or something similar, also illegally imported/bought.
i was wondering if anybody on here knows anything about it, has pictures of the snakes, or knows of anyone who had those snakes and maybe released them or lost them or still has more??
any info is good?

mitch

I think it would be interesting if I saw a Green Mamba.I think NPWS would have been notified of of that,would it be possible to ask them if that happened?
Mitch

Are you kidding mate? this has to be a joke thread:lol:

Donk

Corn snakes are in the wild. Who knows what else has escaped??!!

hmmm, well you dont find mulgas,(king browns), in sydney. (especially in roofs).
western taipans are native to oz so wouldnt be illegally imported.
the green mamba was probally a common tree snake by the sounds of the other identifications.
sounds like you need to find a snake catcher that acually knows some thing about snakes.

hmmm, well you dont find mulgas,(king browns), in sydney. (especially in roofs).
the green mamba was probally a common tree snake by the sounds of the other identifications.
sounds like you need to find a snake catcher that acually knows some thing about snakes.

Thanks TB,

I just wasnt bothered to write all that.:lol:

Donk

Sounds about right Rob, after all how well would a green mamba be doing in that neck of the woods if it's natural habitat has much higher humidity and temps (Natal,South Africa & Mozambique)

sounds like someone wants to sound cool down the pub so has spun off a made up story.....

just my opinion

as everyone knows, green mambas are a very common occurrence throughout all australia..:eek:
i have been working a job at a place called duffys forest right near waratah park in sydney (near terrey hills/mona vale) and apparently the snake catchers have been called out a few times to remove snakes from the site.
the other day we found a clutch of 5 baby diamond pythons in a small pit and 2 king brown snakes in the roof of one of the sheds on site.
in other words it feels like we are really surrounded by snakes there.
anyway back to the snake catchers.
i have heard that they have come out to retrieve a green mamba (assuming illegally imported/bought) and i think the other was a western taipan or something similar, also illegally imported/bought.
i was wondering if anybody on here knows anything about it, has pictures of the snakes, or knows of anyone who had those snakes and maybe released them or lost them or still has more??
any info is good?

mitch

If true I'm sure no one would be dumb enought to own up to it.

fair enough guys
im just saying what ive heard and what ive seen, therefore i dont doubt it
the story with the green mamba as opposed to the common tree snake goes that one of the gardeners was walking along the footpath near the driveway entrance on the road and he saw the snake out the corner of his eye and dropped to the ground, where he then called a snake catcher and tried to describe what he could see to the snake catcher who couldnt believe that he was describing a green mamba and therefore didnt believe him but came out with someone from the zoo as well and sure enough it was a green mamba... rest of the story is pretty much depicted for you.
i can see why you would think its a great pub yarn, but the other reason i dont doubt it is, i have heard this from many people from different companies working there, some who say they were there at the time as well.
there has to be some kind of truth to it and im just trying to find that out. surely someone from the zoo or even just someone else on here must know about it.
also about the hanging around of green mambas in higher humidity areas - be realistic, it didnt swim here. obviously someone in the area has lost it or let it go.

thanks for the info trueblue as i dont know all that much myself. maybe it wasnt a kingbrown in the shed roof, however the reasoning was because the shed housed hay for the property owners horses, which brings mice/rats and thats why he lived there just up in the heat and chomping on rats when he felt like it.
western taipan, however not being imported from overseas, doesnt belong where it was found. which one would assume means it once again is a pet been let loose or lost.

I'm with you TB, however could have even been a whip snake, more menancing in appearence.

photos or it didnt happen
have a read mate before everyone starts saying its untrue
i said its what ive heard
and ive seen the diamonds and the brown i dont take a camera with me to work and if you read the story it would be of no use anyway as they have all been removed
im asking if anyone knows about it not saying this has happened hey believe me
cause i couldnt give a **** if you wanna believe me or not
im asking if anyone knows about it
dont respond if you dont

Im not the slightest surprised mate.

You would be VERY surprised what you will find in Sydney these days!

Cobras, Rattlesnakes, Boas, Anacondas, Retic! There all here mate. If one got out of a collection I wouldnt doubt it.

Bob Whitey was saying every second kid in Blacktown recently was asking about how to feed there Corn Snake!

Does anyone know someone who can remove the Anaconda nest in my bathroom and the pod of Dolphins which has invaded my letterbox? I'm having trouble showering and the mailman keeps getting mistaken for a school of fish and being bitten :(

Watch out for those Mambas! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back