Wild Pregnant Gecko Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foxysnake

Reaction score
I was moving some stuff around my yard today and found a colony of geckos. This one is quite pregnant with very visible eggs inside. The other 4 were similar but varying in colour and pattern. They also have bright red dots on top of each of their toes. Just curious as to what they are, as they don't look like the asian house geckoes we get here.
Cheers,
Dee

6410.jpg

6411.jpg

6412.jpg

Hi Dee,

:?: Roughly where are you located?.

They look like Asian House Geckos to me.

The small spikes on the sides of the base of the tail are characteristic of Hemidactylus frenatus.

Maybe the other one's are a different species, or they're colour &/or pattern is different from the other specimens?.

As for the red dots, they're probably red spider mites as they're not on all the toes.

Nice photos of them. She looks gravid to me too.

Don't look anything like the house gex we get here and they don't have spikes on their tails and rarely see any with markings and have been told the marked ones are probably some form of dtella and are native.Not sure about these ones in the pics at all but they don't look like the ones we get in Nth Qld.

I'm no gecko freak but having spines on the tail and eye lids i'd say it's a spiny tailed gecko.

Browns, Asian House Geckoes become patternless and a very pale pinkish cream colour at night, like a few different species of Gecko.

We often get house gex with those red mites here.
Looks like a frenatus to me.

Definetly Hemidactylus. I would bet all my possesions on it! hehe

They seem to come in pretty big range of daytime colours, some of them are actually quite pretty.

Browns the house geckoes you get are probably Gehyra australis.

We get both species pretty commonly around houses here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back