Wild scrub python pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dar1stheory

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Thought I'd share a couple of pics with you of a wild scrubby near my place at the tip of Cape York... He was about 2m long, quite happy to move slowly around me...

30.08.10 001.jpg30.08.10 005.jpg30.08.10 008.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality, I was struggling to get it to zoom well and then I realised afterwards that the lens was terribly dirty!

Aww don't they look great. I like scrubby's. Always thought I wanted to add them to my Morelia collection until I had to snake sit two for a friend. Bloody snakes fought me every step of the way just to stop me giving them some fresh water. Haha, one of them launched out of his enclosure at me with the mouth wide open. A very angry snake took me a good while to get him back in his enclosure. I eventually managed to drop a blanket over him and get him back in without him seeing me holding him. Rotten bugger. Then I had to cover him up to stop him striking at his glass doors. Very spritey fellows they are.

I've been looking for them for the last 5 months I've been living here, and seen just about everything else... I was so chuffed to finally see one! He's in excellent condition hey, not a mark on him that I could see, he was very placid overall, allowed me to get up close and personal without even a hint of striking...

My wife loved him, and reckons I should get one, but I've heard more than enough about their reputations to stick with the ones I have...

Haha there is nothing wrong with scrubbies. I had to lie a little to the other half about their temperment to get one lol, but my girl is really placid as long as its me thats holding her other wise she turns very quick lol. Great snakes to keep, but would be even better to see them in the wild!!!

beautifull scrubby, wish i had them here all we get really is the odd brown and they are always way to p***t off to get close to lol

my girl is really placid as long as its me thats holding her other wise she turns very quick lol!

that sounds about right. our Bruce is very much like that - i'm the safe place to be when The Mister is not around, but most certainly not his first choice for company. love him to bits though, he's got a personality like no other i've seen. he's tops

Aren't they just beautiful. I thought the olives had attitude. These guys beat the olives hands down at this game....lol

scrubbie.jpg

Great photos guys !!!!
Heres a pic of a wild scrubbie on me>A friend who is a local snake relocator got a call as this one was having a go @ their cat lol.Had a few ticks etc so sorted that out then released him But what a great python so placid I couldnt believe it after reading peoples comment re scrubbies on here. Would like one now but the wife Putting her foot down after recently getting 2 big Olives mmmmmm give her time I'm up to 3 now when it was ''ONE SNAKE ONLY!! ''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back