(First snake) Spotted Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

compliKate

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm new here, just got my first snake and I was told it was a scrub python by the seller- dad bought it, and unbeknown to me, it's an almost fully grown spotted python- male I think (if they have the shorter tails), but please correct me if wrong. Woody101 corrected me about the breed- which I'm stoked about, because of the snappiness of scrubbies. Here's a few pictures of him so far. With daily handling over the past week he's been quite the gentleman. Yes, I am a little pic-happy... come on, he's my first snake :p

The 'male' tail?; macro of face; being curious; macro; pretending to be a pot plant; feeding (hopper/2wo mice)
DSC_0261.JPGDSC_0298.JPGDSC_0257.JPGDSC_0251.JPGDSC_0093.JPGDSC_0015 (2).JPG

Welcome Complikate..I say forget about the little snakes for beginners and start with something of size..you either learn quickly or need alot of bandaids..

Hi Kate, welcome to APS. Do you have your recreational permit yet? I am just curious as you said in the other thread that it was wild caught and was wondering how you managed to get it on your permit.

hi and welcome , bit of a difference in size from a spotted to a scrubbie ( scrubbie not usually a choise for a first snake anyway lol) am guessing it wont be your only reptile for long , hard to stop the addition once it starts

I have a reptile license. :) Could anybody help me sex this one visually? reb01, I've got to agree, I was given this by my dad as a surprise, I have a BHP lined up in the next year. :p

Last edited:
A nicely conditioned "Spotty" Kate, he/she should give you years of enjoyment, i too have now become the owner of 2 "spotty" hatchlings i i love them, they are so pretty and full of character, lol going off tail size i was given the impression 5 years ago that our big coastal was a boy until we had to take it to a vet and found out it was a she, better to get it probed..........................Ron

Lol - just a slight difference between a scrubby and a spotty....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back