will girls live together happily?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wildthings

Reaction score
G'day all, I have a question regarding housing two female Jungles together, both are young..one 18mth old and one 8mth old, can they live in the same enclosure together?

My albino and its sibling have always lived together no dramas

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 4

They always do until the worst happens when you're not at home. Also, you said they're siblings, so probably similar in size - each one could try and eat the other with a chance of success. The OP has snakes of very different ages and presumeably sizes, so the risk is magnified hugely...

Jamie

Okay guys thanks and I read the thread Deadpan thanks. Well I have actually seen many pythons kept together, two males, two females and opposite sex, I have myself never done it, the majority of snakes that have been thru here have been wild and had to be kept separate, but I have babysat as it were, friends pythons that lived happily together, two boys, and didn't like being away from each other..now I have always considered snakes to be mostly solitary creatures, like they don't live in gregarious hordes, like some reptiles do..I'm about to start on an enclosure for my girls and wondered if I really needed to divide it so it's two separate enclosures..well I am one to definitely err on the cautious side of things and would rather be safe than end up with just one snake in the enclosure when there was two last I looked :D

I've had two Coastals together since I've got them and I know they've lived the same way for a long time with no issues...
As long as they are separated at feed time. Plus I always supervise feed time until both have finished, are curled back up together, showing no signs of aggression. Mine are of similar size though. I wouldn't risk it with your Jungles Wildthings... Given the age (and presumably) size difference.

I've had two Coastals together since I've got them and I know they've lived the same way for a long time with no issues...
As long as they are separated at feed time. Plus I always supervise feed time until both have finished, are curled back up together, showing no signs of aggression. Mine are of similar size though. I wouldn't risk it with your Jungles Wildthings... Given the age (and presumably) size difference.
There's not much difference in size, they're very close to the same length, the older girl is probably twice as thick tho..

if you want to take a risk and never have peace of mind then put them in the same enclosure. Simple as that. The choice is yours

Buy another enclosure, house them safely on their own.

I'll never understand why people risk the safety of their animals for the sake of saving on an enclosure.

yep and if space is an issue get a rack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back