wolf snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dicco said:
Wrasse said:
crackers said:
if you are ever overseas check out a pet store or two
its a herp lovers paradise

This statement makes me cringe. :(
I agree with Wrasse here, Pet shops are more of a herp hell than haven in most cases...

Nice to see all pet shops being tarred with the same brush!!, there are good shops out there, its called using you common sence before you buy something.......Nothing wrong with petshops, tree huggers do more damage!

too right moreliaman
im sure most of the herp freaks out there head straight to the reptile enclosure
if they are visiting a zoo etc
i wasnt even buying :? :?

here's a pic of one of your 10 million incects

Im nothing if not tenacious, I wanna know what the damn wolf snake is!!
Crackers does this mean you freehandled a snake on the say so of a shifty foreign petshop owner, not knowing if its colubrid , elapid or harmless?

c'mon, you must have asked? :)

re wolf

Few species of wolf snakes in asia and africa instar,i found one at the back of a house in southern leyte phillipines once and looked them up in a reptile atlas when i got home.The one i found was lycodon aulicus they are a sub family of the colubridae mostly nocturnal but also diurnal feeing on small frogs and lizards.They grow to about 80 cm so it says,the one i found was active on the ground and hid in loose soil,the teeth are quite long hense the name and the atlas says they are not venomous.I took a look in the mouth at the teeth which are pronounced for grasping lizards etc instar,i was taking no chances cause i didnt no if it was venomous or not.Could of been another subspecies or species even,ive seen snakes in leyte preserved that are a biologists dream,many reptiles there would be unnamed due to its isolation.

t_lizard_1_exotic_109.jpg

thats a basalisk. there were a couple in the mini amazon jungle at the vancouver aquarium when i used to volunteer their. facinating lizards.

andrew

I agree Moreliaman, I have seen petshops that certainly shouldn't be selling reptiles but I wont name names and I have seen others that seem fine. You and I both know a few of the same people in the UK with shops or at least businesses and their animals and conditions are great. If the people in the shop know what they are doing it is no different to you or I selling reptiles from home.

I love the Basilsk by the way, one of my all time favourite lizards.

Crackers does this mean you freehandled a snake on the say so of a shifty foreign petshop owner, not knowing if its colubrid , elapid or harmless?

Instar you obviously don't know crackers he'll free handling anything especially if it's a herp.
You should try fishing with him in croc infested waters :) Good bloke. Loves his herps too.

mmm its not just reptile shops outside aus, petstore nearby had a couple eastern long neck turtles, the water level was like 2cm lower than their shelf to get out of the water and dry off.

andrew

yommy said:

Instar you obviously don't know crackers he'll free handling anything especially if it's a herp.
You should try fishing with him in croc infested waters :) Good bloke. Loves his herps too.

cheers yommy your too kind mate
yea instar i honestly didnt know....comunication was pretty hard ,but the owner seemed to have no probs handling the snake so i wasnt to worried. :wink:
im just glad you finnaly got some info back from zulu as ive tryed to find some and came
up dry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back