Woma bad Shed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reeceking01

Not so new Member
Reaction score
47514d8fce0861df0e8d464048543af6.jpg

9ca030e79a338b9633012110b48e357a.jpg

So I just got this Woma girl yesterday. I have been visiting the owner the past 4 weeks and decided to pick it up yesterday. And it had shed the day previously.. But left a huge patch where it didn't shed. (It's not loose shed) I have tried spraying it the past two days a few times with a water bottle to help loosen it up but nothing... Any tips on helping it with a bad shed?? (U can see a the patch in the photo that won't come loose ) any help will do.

I can't see the patch that's left in the photo but you could use a damp cloth to moisten the skin first. Once the old skin is moistened it should be able to be peeled off relatively easily or you could just let the snake move through your hands. Keep placing your hand in front of the old skin as the snake moves through your hand place your hand back at the front again etc until the skin peels off. See how you go.

You may already know this but just in case :)
Whatever you do, dont try to peel it off yourself. It a could tear the skin

I would use the soaking method, either with a bath or damp cloth with spray bottle, but with room temperature/tepid water

Ok from your previous post it didn't really make sense but all clarified now!

You can soak her in warm water for about 15 mins, then dry her off and use a little olive oil on the area, rub it in a bit them maybe use a SOFT sponge and just wipe the area over.

Thanks guys I just soaked her in loop warm water for afew mins then repeated it again afew hours later and it worked a treat. She was really happy while it was being done to. Must have knew I was helping her [emoji16] thanks heaps guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back