Woma Python behavior...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cow! That is a big rat for that snake anynic07. I wonder how large his BM was. lol

Holy cow! That is a big rat for that snake anynic07. I wonder how large his BM was. lol
Yeah it is a bit bigger than the 20% but in the wild they can sometimes eat really big meals if they come across it. It was a freshly killed rat and I didn't have the right size in the freezer as I had only just started breeding rats. My woma was 550 grams and the rat was 125 grams.

No one has gotten back to me about the hiss or hickup or whatever it is my male Woma Python Skeever is doing. lol I been watching for the signs of a respitory infection, but nothing besides making the sounds once in a while. No mouch open or anything like that at all. Any ideas?

I found 1 mite on my Woma python today. I keep the cage very clean and at about 40% humidity. What should I do? I never had an issue with mites before.

You sure andynic07? Those rats look pretty wide and big for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly hissing is normal for a snake, one of my hatchlings does it. Secondly keeping your enclosure does not have any impact on mites but you will have to treat your snake for mites and the enclosure if you do have mites, I have not had mites so can't give you any tips other than make sure they are mites before treatment. Thirdly I am sure your snake will be able to eat 20% of its bodyweight, it can eat larger than that as you have seen in the BHP picture. Hope this helps mate and good luck with the mites.

sacs4010
If you think your snake is ill the best advise you can get will be from a vet. You have a shedding problem mites and your not sure if its got a breathing problem that would be enough for me to get mine to the Vet asap. Just like if you are sick and unsure you would go to the doctor or the chemist better to be safe than sorry. Your vet can also help you out with a mite treatment plan as well.

Hi All, I am hijacking this thread as I cant find what im looking for and this thread is the best suit!!!

Shedding cycles for a woma? does anyone know the number days generally it takes?

I have stimmies and they are pretty much spot on for a 9 day cycle, just wondering if anyone has any info for womas.

Cheers

Hi All, I am hijacking this thread as I cant find what im looking for and this thread is the best suit!!!

Shedding cycles for a woma? does anyone know the number days generally it takes?

I have stimmies and they are pretty much spot on for a 9 day cycle, just wondering if anyone has any info for womas.

Cheers
My woma started of around 10 days but seems to only take 5 days now.

My Tanami Shed last night, after 12 days...Ive taken day by day behaviour stats so I will see how consistant she is next shed.

This is my 4month, she is gorgeous
941233_10151597834812629_879731911_n.jpg

I acquired a female Tanami hatchie (born mid December). She is coming into shed again now. Always retreats to the warm hide for a number of days and deposits a nicely shed skin in due course.

A very curious animal - whenever anyone approaches the enclosure she will always stick her nose out to see what is going on and give you a good sniff just to check if you may be edible.

Handles very well but doesnt constrict my arm to hold on anywhere near as much as my Stimson.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back