Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know of a good way to count teeth, I might go back out and look at this critter alot harder (assuming of course I can find it again), maybe even get some blood for DNA if I can interest some academic to look at it.

Anyone know of a good way to count teeth, I might go back out and look at this critter alot harder (assuming of course I can find it again), maybe even get some blood for DNA if I can interest some academic to look at it.

hehe open the mouth? jks. You will have fun doing this, i assure you. How healthy was the snake in general body strength etc?

Dogs are still one single species so this example is not a good parallel

i dont mean if this comes out rude but im pretty sure longi said cross breeding anything.... so that would mean carpets..... just for the record i do not breed cross breeds. i just see alot of personal attacks on some threads wich i dont think is fair on the person who is just asking a question....

Even Carpets and dogs can't be compared because, like Red said, they are all the same sub-species whereas Carpets aren't

Interesting find Dave, hope you can track it down again. The only way I can help is to bump this thread up & remind everyone to stay on topic please.

Let it give you a real good bite and then count the little red holes in your arm ;)

Dave

Fairly easy way to count teeth

Get a speculum and open the mouth.

Use two pieces of flattened non toxic plasticine ( play dough etc) and make an impression of the upper jaw.

Do the same for the lower jaw

Count the holes in the impressions

Cheers
scott

Good way to get a tooth count using the plasticine, might avoid a costly vet bill! interesting animal though, be interesting to see how many teeth it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back