Woman dies after snakebite during church service

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: i probably shouldnt laugh but its too late now. How many times does a garter snake need to bite you before you die anyway :rolleyes:

I guess that she didn't believe enough, or maybe the snake was an atheist!

Idiots... this should turn into a religious debate right now

Just goes to show the stupidity of them.
"Oh this little book told me, and therefore i should"

Last edited by a moderator:
Well derr a snake will bite when it get thrown around by a heap of people, I watched a show one day where they were all jumping around and practicaly throwing the snake to each other.

Last edited:
yeah it is rediculous, i dont understand fanatics.

Even though it is funny to say that, that she had doubts or whatever, the crazy thing is... the people in the church, rather than thinking that we must have annoyed the snake and so it bit, just as a dog would if you started annoying it, they will actually probably think,

People she did not have the faith, and therefore was not a true believer.

Apparently a lot of churches use this method.They keep snakes hidden in the pews and when you repent and become saved the snake bites you and kills you,that way you don't get a chance to sin again and you go straight to heaven. Simple but effective.

So true Earthling

See serpents do know best

Snakes appear in the bible more often than most other animals... They used to have legs you know?

Well Linda Long of Kentucky is no longer a believer i would believe... eeek... that means I should have been bitten by now too... oh my...

I could spend all day on a religious idea, it really is an amusing topic for so many reasons.

Have you all seen footage of these services? if not, it's a real eye opener, and a wonder that it does not happen every day.

Nah, just seen it on a few show's on Fox, I think it was on one of Jeff Corwin's shows as well, it's basically a church full of people holding various types of vipers, shaking them as they chant. Children are not allowed to hold them any more and only a couple of states in America allow these services to take place.

where's the smilies? ( & lol's)?

true believers

"Snake handling is based on a passage in the Bible, in the Gospel of Mark, that says a sign of a true believer is the power to 'take up serpents' without being harmed."

I suppose this makes many of us true believers! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back