Women charged over pest turtles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
'native to Asia and North America' never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Punishment is too leinient these days, throw the whole bookcase at them!!!

Splitmore, I totally agree. I am sure some people liken this to murder.

5 years jail...
the law is stupid, this guy in my area has been charged for child molestation/rape and onyl got 1.5 years

and if i am caught in public while wearing one of my work knives 7+ years

the law is bull****!!

They knew it was wrong, and broke the law, endangering our native turtles, frogs, fish and other aquatic fauna. Throw the whole damn bookcase at them. Jail and a large fine sounds good to me! Laws are there for a reason! Will teach them a lesson, and might actually keep others from doing the same thing if they know there are serious consequences!

They knew it was wrong, and broke the law, endangering our native turtles, frogs, fish and other aquatic fauna. Throw the whole damn bookcase at them. Jail and a large fine sounds good to me! Laws are there for a reason! Will teach them a lesson, and might actually keep others from doing the same thing if they know there are serious consequences!

Well said
You would think people would of learnt from cane toads by now but they dont learn.

it is an enviromental disaster but as it has been said there are far worse crimes to get 5 years for, and they were only released in burwood at not the murray.

There is not a chance they will get jail time, but hopefully a decent fine rather then a slap on the wrist will help to make others think twice.

They will get fined, the DSE is very very cautions of RES in melbourne

there are more serious crimes but the message is clear...don't keep exotics...simple

Splitmore, I totally agree. I am sure some people liken this to murder.

Its not the same at all, in some ways it is much worse(obviously not if you are/know the person murdered). If someone murders someone i dont know it doesnt bother me at all, but when these scum sell such invasive species that are already forming destructive populations that does effect me and anyone else who has the slightest respect for our ecosystem.

I hope they go to jail for the max. time and it gets all over the news and it is highlighted how much damage these ppl cause. An even better thing would be to make them pay and work towards eradicating the species from the wild. They are nothing but selfish and irresponsible.

They were found in a local lake
for those who know melbourne
a pari were found in blackburn lake

Forget the bookcase throw the whole library at them...

they problem with exotics is taht there are simply too many people dealing in them

including some pet shops

Well if they ere only released at burswood I'm sure its fine then!
Bet thats what they said when rabbits were bought over "its only a few for one guys farm - just for a bit of shooting fun. I'm sure they can't get far" Not at all debating the seriousness of murder or rape or anything else I just think that these crimes are seen to often by the general public at petty crimes. By getting it out there maybe people will realise that this is a serious issue. unfortunatly they are unlikely to get any time behind bars at all.

P.S. JAIL PARIS FOR THE FULL 45 DAYS!!

ok getting off my soapbox now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back