Woodies vs crickets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what do you use

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
dont know what is the best for geckos maybe crickets. woodies are easier to breed. crickets are the best but woodies are easier to breed

Mine love woodies and my geckos grow very quickly. My geckos have sustained good weights all breeding season eating woodies alone. Woodies are easy to breed. I find that my geckos can catch them easier than crickets and eat more woodies. I always have all sizes of woodies for my geckos where if something happens to crickets at any stage in the breeding process you may get a gap in sizes. Also i don't get baby crickets hatching in my substrate anymore. Personally, woodies hands down.

i only feed crickets only because woodies remind me too much of cockroaches plus i wouldnt want them climbing out of the enclosures.

I use crickets, its a big pain when the woodies climb out of the gecko enclosure and crickets i breed myself and i find more nutritious. I've had experience with both and i prefer crix

crickets alot harder to breed. woodies just throw sliced carrots and dry dog food and they do the rest. when its time to catch they just mist the side of the tub & they come out for a drink easy to catch. i got a chemical from the pet shop and they can not pass it so i don't have lids on my tubs

Do gecko's have any sort of bad reptile/poo smell ??
Off subject but just curious.

Roaches are easier to breed,

Roaches are more nutritional,

I prefer roaches for nocturnal animals as they are out the same time.

I prefer crickets for monitors as you can see them hunt and the crickets don't hide so much. However I always have roaches in the enclosure for the reason they hide alot, and gives the goanna's something to hunt and entertain themsevles.

yeah their poo/faeces smell ,definitely should be removed daily even if its tiny .

i use crickets and drop in a few woodies once or twice a week. I find that the woodies climb up the walls and can escape easier than crickets. Thats why i favour crickets. If you get the small ones they dont make any noise at night and their shells are soft which is great for digestion.

crickets for me, least you can pick them up by their feelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back