Woohoo! I got my ackie!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvsmyreptiles

Reaction score
I have been waiting a week or so to get him...but he's finally here with me! My spiny-tailed monitor (Varanus acanthurus). He's just over a year old and SO FRIENDLY. I can't get over how calm he is around people. He's just gorgeous, i had to tell everyone ;)

Now i want a girlfriend for him lol

congrats iluvsmyreptiles! call him squishy :wink:

thats awsome mate!!!
wen i got mine, i also couldnt believe how calm he was.
bloody awsome animals!!!

i think they r called ackies coz of their latin name.
I think ackie is short for acanthurus.

i think that my first goanna will be a ackie

Got my first monitor a few months ago now.She's a Spencers and a very special animal.She's a dwarf no longer than a bluey and is 3 years old with the adult markings.I got her from a friend who got her when she was younger and still small for her age.He thought she just needed feeding up and she'd grow so he could breed her,but she never did grow.

She's very intelligent and a classic little animal.I'd love to find a small male for her and possibly start a line of dwarf Spencers monitors, although i'm not sure if the dwarfism is genetic or just from stunted growth by not being fed properly or enough when she was young.

If anyone out there has a small male Spencers that is of no use to them for breding because of size i'd greatly appreciate it if they could let me know :?: :?: :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back