Working on a new painting - GTP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rosequoll

Reaction score
Started working on a new painting, referenced from a photo of my partner's new female GTP. Looking good so far but I have NO IDEA what colour to do for the background. Arg...suggestions?

Painting is acrylic, 90x30cm; have included the reference image for funsies. =)

Attachments

• sketch1.jpg
    sketch1.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 202
  • sketch2.jpg
    sketch2.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 200
  • outlines.jpg
    outlines.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 222
  • colourwash.jpg
    colourwash.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 296
  • green-tree.jpg
    green-tree.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 262
Looking great. In my honest opinion, go with the black background. It seems to highlight the colors of the GTP

Started working on a new painting, referenced from a photo of my partner's new female GTP. Looking good so far but I have NO IDEA what colour to do for the background. Arg...suggestions?

Painting is acrylic, 90x30cm; have included the reference image for funsies. =)
what about a darker gray starting from behind the head and washing it through to jet black by the time you reach the end of the canvas

Wellll.. I could bring it home to my place and send you photos of it doing fun things every other week to inspire you for background ideas...LOL

Looks great, I'd agree with either black or dark grey, something dark anyway.

Thanks guys! =)

Looks like blacks and greys are the go! I'm liking the idea of gradients, I did a patchwork sort of 'cloud' gradient behind my last one. I'll do that in deep greys and black for this one.

Attachments

• photo 3 (1)-001.jpg
    photo 3 (1)-001.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 141
Okay, all done! Just need to paint the edges and sign it. =) Here are the rest of the progress pics and a completed one with my last painting.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 82
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 109
That's awesome rosequoll, very well done

Thanks! =) They're technically up for sale, but I don't expect they'll go flying out the door. Planning on putting these two (and any more I do) up at the EKKA next year. =)

Thanks! =) They're technically up for sale, but I don't expect they'll go flying out the door. Planning on putting these two (and any more I do) up at the EKKA next year. =)
Rubbish' they will go like hot cakes! Name your price, I'll buy one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back