Worms with my woodies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sebbie0983

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Dave, I have two bearded dragons in an enclosure together and this morning I got them out to have a feed of roaches from my colony, I put some roaches in a separate container and let the dragons go for them, then I noticed the dragons eat a couple of worms in with the roaches which have never been there before, I took a photo of these but forgot my usb cable for the camera, they are small, brown and thin, just wondering if anyone has had this before and if I should start the colony again or put something in the woodies' feed, also if I should get the little dragons checked out, thanks for reading, I appreciate any replies

The worms are there to eat the poo of the roaches, while not great nutritionally, for obvious reasons lol, they will not hurt your beardies.

It's most likely just some meal worms. Your supplier must have let some loose in there.
Let's just hope that it's not a form of parasitic worm.

Does the worm have a hard shell, or is it soft?

I have worms in my roach colony too.. Don't seem to do any harm

as long as theyre not maggots they'll be fine,..

Yes, WT they do look a lot like the small mealworms in your pic, that's good I was hoping it wasn't going to be a big issue. Could there be any risk of parasites? I'm pretty sure these little guys came into the tub of their own accord as I havent purchased any woodies for at least a month. What should I look out for in my beardies behaviour and what is the best approach? Thanks for all the replies I apprieciate it :)

i wouldnt think there'd be a risk of parasites,..

i know theres people out there that feed those worms to their gex and smaller lizzies with no probs. :)

parasite probs in beardies would possibly reduce its appetite, (depending on how bad) looser and smellier stools.

all beardies have a natural parasite load in them,...its just when things get out of control thru re infection or stress that the problems start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back