would this be any good?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

missllama

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hi everyone i just need an opinion on what to get
one is in china one is in aus.. i dont like buying stuff from overseas but if its worth getting or i can find something like it here in aus are the digital ones good and reliable?
if theres any other types someone can reccomend or an online store where i can order one that would be good, i just want to make sure our tank stays a perfect temp

OPTION 1- i thought this looked good but coming from china didnt think it would be very good quality

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Aquarium-Digital-LCD-Thermometer-fish-Tank-Water_W0QQitemZ320352289565QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Pet_Supplies?hash=item320352289565&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318#ebayphotohosting

OPTION 2- i can get this type at my aquarium shop nearby

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Aquarium-Fish-Tank-Digital-Thermometer_W0QQitemZ160323953001QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Pet_Supplies?hash=item160323953001&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318#ebayphotohosting

oh and theres also this one from china i just found but baisicly the same as the first one
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Aquarium-LCD-Digital-Thermometer-Fish-Tank-Water-3Q_W0QQitemZ350184418561QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Pet_Supplies?hash=item350184418561&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

do u just get them in petshops n aquarium shops? they would be pretty accurate yea?

You can pick those up in any kmart or big w as well.
Only downfall i can pick on them is that it measures more of the glass temp and not the water temp. Yes it will eventuually show the water temp but it wont show any spikes in the temps as quickly.
That said I still used them on my aquarium.

whats the deal with those digial probe ones then? if i can pick up one somewhere in aus would it be worth trying and ill put a sticker one in there too?

the stick on variety are morbidly *****e. they regularly get 10-15C off from the real temperature. they measure the glass surface temp, not ambient of basking. which is what you want.

then again, you weren't specific and judging by your recent posts im thinking its for an aquarium?

if so, go for the floating type. there much better..

OR you could fork our $35 and buy a Pro-Exotics temp gun and fulfill instantly and more specifically both your aquarium and reptile temps... MUCH better... plus its heaps of fun.

the stick on variety are morbidly *****e. they regularly get 10-15C off from the real temperature. they measure the glass surface temp, not ambient of basking. which is what you want.

then again, you weren't specific and judging by your recent posts im thinking its for an aquarium?

if so, go for the floating type. there much better..

OR you could fork our $35 and buy a Pro-Exotics temp gun and fulfill instantly and more specifically both your aquarium and reptile temps... MUCH better... plus its heaps of fun.

infared heat guns read off a solid object. i wouldnt find this very useful in an aquarium.

oh woopsies sorry i mean fish aquarium lol sorry for confusing anyone

does the aquarium shop thing u gave me the link for often restock products? that one is out of stock now but im sure somewhere els will have that sort of thing online if they dont

So the choice is the one made in China and sold here or the one made in China direct from China ? It's a tough one.

I have heaps of the first type. They work quite well.

lmao i never thought of that.. i guess it all comes from china anyway?? LOL

So the choice is the one made in China and sold here or the one made in China direct from China ? It's a tough one.

LMAO.....no....she could have this one....made in china...imported to the UK...then shipped to australia! It even has an alarm if the tank gets too cold or hot !

I use at least 2 in each tank..(sometimes more if its a big tank).....the stick on ones which are only good for a rough idea on the tank temp ..then just a simple glance is needed to make sure the tanks roughly at the right temp.....and then either the digital probe one's or the floating glass one's for slightly more accuracy.

i just use the $2-3 thermometers that have a suction cap and stick to the inside of the tank

infared heat guns read off a solid object. i wouldnt find this very useful in an aquarium.

are you kidding... ?

thats what there used for, that and reptiles. it does very accurately read the waters temperature.

One of the few importers of them is an aquarium supply online store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back