Wow... Just wow.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abbott75

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to Sydney with a few friends, come home around 9 only to find that one of my ferrets had escaped and killed 23 of the families racing pigeons!

I can honestly not comprehend how one small animal could do so much damage, especially to animals that can fly. :cry:

So, to anyone keeping carnivores around prospective prey, even in cages, be careful.

sorry to hear
They are a hunting animal. Some ppl put them in rabbut burrows to get rid of the rabbits

Yeah I know.
I assume she just found a massive supply of food and decided to kill as many as she could, "just in case".

I'm not angry, I know it is just their nature. Just... those birds we're quite valuable...:(

how does pigeon racing work? like how do they judge who wins etc if there up so high?

how does pigeon racing work? like how do they judge who wins etc if there up so high?

The time from release to the time the bird is back in the owner's cage is recorded, divided by the distance and the fastest velocity is the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back