Yay eggs now what do i do

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Reaction score
Hi all
I noticed this morning my female childrens had eggs, not sure what to do, do i leave them with her or take them & incubate them, it's the first time she's laid & she's on breeders choice substrate? any ideas appreciated.
Pete.

im not sure if anybody does actually leave the eggs with the mum but id be incubating mate....if u intended to breed them u should of had an incubator ready to go? u will have to mix up a vermiculite mix and i doubt ull be able to separate the eggs so ull have to incubate them clutched together. around 30-31 degrees is good....

If you dont have an incubator ready just leave her with them but it would be better to get an incubator

Breeders choice will absorb any moisture so it will dry the eggs out and all will be lost. If you choose to maternally incubate get rid of the Breeders choice.

Breeders choice will absorb any moisture so it will dry the eggs out and all will be lost. If you choose to maternally incubate get rid of the Breeders choice.

ditto, get the eggs off the breeders choice

Could you put the normal incubation medium (vermiculite like you can buy at a garden/hydroponic store and water in equal quantities by weight) in an ice cream container, put the egg clump in there, partially burying the bottom layer of eggs, put the lid on the container and just put the container in the enclosure that is being kept at 31 degrees anyway?

Apart from the snake getting into the container (which you would have to guard against), would that be any different to an incubator? Just lift the lid off and fan to refresh the air once per day?

K.

If that works I'm going to try that kaneMortlock. Sounds like a plan.

Anyone know whats better to incubate dragon eggs with heat lights or heat mats???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back