Year 12 Results

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP? SAC? TER?

Back in my day (2000 I did my HSC) it was a UAI, University Admission Index. Didn't do real well, got a "30 or below", thats why I am a "rent-a-cop".

I think it depends on what state you're in, in S.A SACE is the same as your HSC (I think) and TER is the score you need to do certain Uni courses.

I dropped out in Grade 11 and Im doing fine, I get annoyed when people say that if you don't finish Grade 12 then your life is going to be a failure. Im doing pre-reqs for Bachelor of zoology/science hoping to do Bachelor of Vet Science, so I didn't drop out because I'm a no-brainer. I just didn't fit in well with the school environment, clashed with teachers and people enjoyed being typical teenagers - rumours, fights, blah blah. I ended up wagging almost everyday and almost getting expelled so I decided just to leave before they could kick me out :p
Ive been at tafe for half a year now and I'm having so much fun! I actually like learning now. I reckon I've learnt more in the past 6 months than I did in my whole grade 10 & 11. Not only knowledge but also how to study better and organise myself and prioritize my work.
The people there are actually there because they WANT to be and are generally nice :)

Good luck and congratz to everyone who got their desired scores!

A friend of mine got a TER of 98.85 - he's going to study Law next year.
And a girl, who's only in year 11 but did all year 12 subjects got a TER of 99.85 (she would get another 15 or so bonus points for living in the country and stuff) - She's now completed year 12 twice, once in year ten and the other in year eleven, and has the second highest score at our school.

Since I didn't turn up to school for the last few months I only completed two subjects. So I didn't get a TER, I guess I could do the other two required subjects next year. But I'm over school tbh.

Ask her if she wants to be my tutor:lol:

I agree wholehearedly! I was actually a pretty good student, but still, I didn't get into uni when I finished my HSC. Instead I worked for a few years (went to Greece and Rome on that money for 2 months this year), then did some subjects through OUA which got me into a uni degree with a higher UAI than the one I originally applied for. :rolleyes:

There are so many alternative routes to uni these days, but in many cases doing an apprenticeship can be the smart option. An education is still important of course as it is its own reward... but it isn't always the most lucrative option, especially given those school fees!!

Got the ATAR back (for those that don't know it replaced the UAI this year)

Looks like I get free drinks this weekend. WOOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back