Yellow Spotted Monitor breeders?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielle-S

Reaction score
Have just discovered that my 'Tiny' is a boy, and Id like to get him a girlfriend. Would anyone here know of any breeders in the Brisbane vicinity? Im also happy to bring one in from interstate if necessary. Thanks in advance

Danielle,

Try Sonia Dewdney from "Australian Reptile Research and Breeding Centre" in S.A. She breeds Darwin locale animals and may have some available. Nice choice BTW!

Have just gave her a call and left a message. I have a feeling that Tiny came from her also. His previous owner said he came fram Adelaide. I think he was a good choice also, he's beautiful, and I 'respect' him highly. Funny word for a monitor, but he demands it.

So....my new little girl is coming this week. Sonia was able to help me out with a nearly similarly sized girl and we are in the process of getting the paperwork ready for her to fly to Brisbane. We've discovered that Tiny is from a line bred by someone else in Adelaide, which is a good thing, as they're both Darwin genes,and if they end up breeding, their genetics will be complimentory. Will post up piccies when I see her.

Ive also been spending some time in Tinys enclosure, getting to know him, building the trust. He certainly is a cheeky bugger, smart too. Today I was feeding him, and my husband was inside watching an action movie, rather loudly. There was the sound of gunfire, and Tiny stopped eating, and stood bolt upright on his hind legs, looking around for the source of the sound. He's bright yellow all under his belly, you learn something every day ;)

im also thinking of getting one from the same breeder:D
can you please post some pics of the enclosure so i can get an idea of what to do.

My guess is that Tiny is about 18months old. I didnt get a d.o.b. from his previous owner. Hopefully she will see this thread and jump in.

I'll get some photos of his enclosure in the next couple of days for you ridgie

She came in this morning, picked her up and brought her home. All settled in.
Vivienne005.jpg

Vivienne007.jpg

Vivienne006.jpg

And I have named her Vivienne

And...yes, she came from Sonya. :lol:

Danielle-S, Your juvenile Yellow Spotted Monitor is awesome looking thanks for sharing photos of your new pet monitor, hope you one day get to breed it if that is your goal best of luck.

Very Nice, congrats!

Hope there's some breeding down the track for "Vivienne". Sounds like we need all the Top End Panoptes we can get!!

Are you planning to house them together Danielle? I'm interested to hear how they go.

Thanks for your encouraging coments. Due to the obvious size difference, I have been advised to house both monitors seperately. I readied an outdoor enclosure for Vivienne, but she is a little smaller than I expected, so I again was advised to keep her inside. The plan is to keep Tiny on his bi-weekly feeds, as per normal, but to increas Viviennes to daily feeds and increased enclosure temperature. Then when she is close to Tinys size, to introduce them to the same enclosure. This advice has come from Sonya, and she seems to know her stuff, Im more than happy to follow it. She wants me to keep her updated as well. Should be interesting. As my husband is a butcher, I'll have unlimited access to roo meat etc, so we'll see how she goes. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back