Yet more tarantulas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tornacade

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm getting a tarantula tommorow and I can't really get a mature since pet stores here want really stupid prices, just been wondering would a sling or a juvi be better?

yes for sure. If you buy an adult there is no guarantee on how old it is as they are all wild caught and they can die within a couple of months or even a couple of weeks after sale from old age. If you want to ensure you have your pet for a decent period buy captive bred spiderlings or a juvenile specimen. You can pick them up anywhere from $5 up to around $30-$40 for more "in demand" species

Yea, well the pet store here have p.sarina slings for $30 not sure if they are captive bred though, they want $180 for a juvi.. (pet stores.. what ya gunna do) and like $320 for matures they said they could order dif types in and i asked for a s.plumipes and they couldnt order those guys, so what you think? p.sarina sling?

they will be captive bred or at least captive hatched. Bit exy but if your willing to pay that then yea go for it

how long will it take to grow into a juvi? and what are the sarinas temperment like? (i know it changes from spider to spider but just in general)

sarina are not normally too bad and they get bit, they can get up to 180mm and often more. To grow into a juvie it all depends on feed. Anywhere from 3-4months up to 1-2years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back