yoda's special day out

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajandj

Reaction score
Ok, so my 4 year old is at kinder and they have started to introduce show and share. Other people have taken babies (human), kittens, puppies, birds.
Sara has decided that she would like to have Yoda there. Of course l will be there and it will be a look with your eyes event. Depending on how Yoda handles it l may ask if the kids can be split into little groups and they MAY get to touch him.. again this is something that i would have to see on the day.

Anyway, my question is, should i put yoda into a carry box or should l pop him in a pillow case first?
Has anyone else done this?

Yoda is a nice size now, not so fagile. He's just over 30cm long. What do you think?

Cheers,
Jane

SORRY - COMPUTER LOCKED UP AND EBDED UP WITH 2 THREADS THE SAME....

Maybe a Mod can delete one for me please

I've seen a group do a reptile show at a pre school before. They did a great show. They allowed the kids to touch but not hold. Just bare in mind little hands don't register the message from the brain to be gentle.

not sure about over there mate but hear in nsw im almost 100% that it is illegal to take your snakes into the public without a license, not sue if you have license or what the laws are over there but you might want to have a look,as long as the teachers are fine with it tho go for it.

Hi, my kids LOVE show n share with the beardies!!!
I always make sure I have some pump-action disinfectant (risk of salmonella - which I don't say, just if they wish to handle they MUST use this afterwards).
I have a fair few to choose from, so always pick the most user-friendly ones. It is indeed 'ill-advised' or illegal, but........ such a great change for the kids, & generally taken in that context by the local authorities. I think if you're aware of what your animal can handle, advise the kids to be very gentle, wash hands afterwards etc, all good :)
GREAT experience!!

I think that's a great idea! How are you planning on keeping him warm?
Lol it's funny that you call it show and share.. we call it show and tell. After all it's not like you are giving the kids a piece of Yoda to keep (ie. sharing).. :p

I didn't know it was illegal to show reptiles in public.. how bizzarre!

Good luck! :)

Let me know how it goes, I'm interested to do the same. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back