You don't need a great camera! (Jungle Carpet Python)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh but i mean some general handhelds do have great quality and features, i had a $200 Canon Powershot that took the best Macros ive ever taken! it was really chunky and only 8 Mega Pixels...
Just tryig to encourage people to take some nice photos of their animals with the cams they have!

People get too bogged down with the megapixel count. 6 megapixels is all most people will ever need, depending on how big you'd wanna get things blown up. To double the resolution, you need to quadruple the megapixel count. Most cameras these days are around the 10mp and 12mp mark, and that's pretty good, but it also depends how the camera processes those pixels in the first place ;)

Very very nice pics. The G10 is one very capable camera. I've really gotta start using my G11 for things other than underwater shots.

It's really hard to go past the Canon Ixus series for great quality, and cheap compact cameras :) But yeah, nothing really beats the quality of an SLR (Bigger sensor size...and the choice of glass you put in front of it = awesome)

can I ask a question, why is it ctenophorus? I thought it was just rankinia?
thanks

The only Rankinia left is diemensis? Someone who has the paper can double check that for me. Maybe Rankinia has been sunk?
The remaining two are now Ctenophorus, with each of the 4 sub-species being elevated to full species.

-H

yes some midrange point and shoot cameras can take fantastic pictures if you practise enough.
im not at home but have a fuji 10mp camera thats in the high end section of point and shoot cameras (last yr) and it has taken some majical pictures in the past of the kids ect however i am only just starting to explore macro shooting ect 1 problem i have is i shake both naturally and as a sideffect from some of my medication i have to take which makes closeups/macros very very hard to take without them being blury 1 way around this i found was crazy clarks ect sell mini tripods which fit most all cameras. i also have a large tripod that i havnt used with my camera yet but it is for my camcorder (the thread is the same tho)
another thing that will help is useing a fillin light from behind or above teh object so as not to cause "sunspots" blocking your target in the picture may not be practical in takeing pictures in the wild however is handy to know/use when captureing your pets simple desklamp is all you need

The only Rankinia left is diemensis? Someone who has the paper can double check that for me. Maybe Rankinia has been sunk?
The remaining two are now Ctenophorus, with each of the 4 sub-species being elevated to full species.

-H

ahh ok um... sorry I'm kind of a newbie, so does that mean that those rankina have been recently classed as ctenophorus?
because in the reptiles australia feild guide it classes them as rankinia? or is that out of date by now?
thanks for answering my questions.
Jordan

yes, those rankinia are now Ctenophorus. Most people will know exactly what you're talking about if you say "rankinia".

All these field guides were out of date as soon as they are printed. There's a new field guide to be released very soon which doesn't have Pygopus robertsi in it (newly described species). It's a bit of work to stay at the forefront of taxonomy and sorting the rubbish descriptions from the good ones can be hard.

yes, those rankinia are now Ctenophorus. Most people will know exactly what you're talking about if you say "rankinia".

All these field guides were out of date as soon as they are printed. There's a new field guide to be released very soon which doesn't have Pygopus robertsi in it (newly described species). It's a bit of work to stay at the forefront of taxonomy and sorting the rubbish descriptions from the good ones can be hard.

cool thanks, I learned something new.

I would also advise unless you really want to start taking photography seriously your better of sticking with a point and shoot anyway. Owning a dslr won't make you a good photographer and a lack of basic photography knowledge will soon have you frustrated, however with a bit of perseverance and willingness to learn you can soon start to produce rewarding results, but if your not that way enclined a decent point and shoot will provide more instant and satisfying results without the headache of being a first time user of an slr camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back