You know your a herper when....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. :idea: could you pull their wings off :?: then breed then and have walk babies :?:

Too Far :?: :roll:

Re: RE: You know your a herper when....

diamond_python said:
.........Or when you've made the mistake of trying to defrost a pinky quickly and stuck it in the microwave and in 5 secs you hear a pop and smell a cooked pinky........Please tell me i'm not the only one to have done that.

Done it once, and never again... :)

Me too. You wouldnt think it would happen in such a short time. The thing is I dont think the microwave has been cleaned since. Should I worry about this.
Tourett

RE: Re: RE: You know your a herper when....

hehehehehe i certainly didn't tell my mother when i did it.
simone.

dobermanmick said:
I just want to know how do they count 6000 flies ?

ROTFLMAO

5875...5876...5877... oh dear... i've lost count...

they should sell walks so we dont need to pull their wings off

love that... haha!!

You know you are a herper when you ask people over and they have reasons they can't make it but the second you say you have snakes they can't get over fast enough... this kinda sucks...

Counting flies is easy you weigh 100 pupae and then multiply the weight by 60 and you have your 6000 flies. Flies don't have to fly you can get flies from the university with curled wings, these guys just walk and cannot fly......

You know you are a herper when driving in a car and every bit of habitat you see or log "could have a reptile living in it" even though you don't see any.......

hugsta said:
Why pay for flies when you can catch your own for free, by the thousands as well. I do.

When you only see a fly once a week, it's a pretty good indication that it's going to take you a long time to catch thousands.

Also thinking about buying a worm farm to keep the frogs supplied.

.... you know you're a herper when the top shelf of your freezer holds pinkies, bloodworms, other miscellaneous frozen animal foods, but you're eating out because the groceries need to be done.

Dunno about frogs, but beardies don't really like the wormfarm worms. They do like native earthworms, but not the reds, blues and tigers needed for a wormfarm.

Thanks Magpie, wasn't really thinking of the beardies, more of the frogs, and possibly turtles. Some people on frogs.org.au advised that frogs love those worm farm worms, so thought that I would vary their diet, flies, crickets and worms sounds nice and varied to me :) Not sure what the turtles will think of the worms though.

You know you're a herper when..........you've got the scars to prove it.

:p

Hix

Thanks for the link Menagerie! Re worms, you can farm regular earthworms the same way, good compost bin with trays at levels, works well. Frogs and turts love em, my beardies will eat small ones occasionally,, bluies and the shingle too. :D

You know your a herper when you care more about cane toads than native species???

Herps4Us said:
You know your a herper when you send uninvited guests to your herp freezer to pick what they want for dinner - never to have them invite themselves again.
so is this such a bad thing

Re: RE: Re: RE: You know your a herper when....

Menagerie said:
Thanks Magpie, wasn't really thinking of the beardies, more of the frogs, and possibly turtles. Some people on frogs.org.au advised that frogs love those worm farm worms, so thought that I would vary their diet, flies, crickets and worms sounds nice and varied to me :) Not sure what the turtles will think of the worms though.

if you go fishing with worms more often than not u catch a turtle cant c y they would not eat them

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: You know your a herper when....

u know u r a herper when your misses leaves because u spend more time with the animals than her
u know u r a herper when you take sick days to pick up more herps
u know u r a herper when u spend more time on aps than u do in bed
u know u r a herper when every family photo includes a snake
u know u r a herper when the only site u visit has a pic of a snake or lizard on it

You know your a herper when you move one of your lounges into the bedroom so you can fit herp enclosures in the loungeroom!!!

Flies arrived this morning!!! Well, fly larvae actually. Some arrived with the frogs, by morning I had one fly. Very pleased with the amount I got for the price, I think that I am going to stop buying from my local petshop.

You know you are a herper when - you buy $18 worth of crickets and it's probably not going to last you the week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back