Young Diamond not eating. ? Shedding?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe i should move house fully carpeted... and i suppose i will have to mortein the bed too

I think someone said you can use fleabombs, but you need to remove all animals for a while when doing that, I used surface spray away from the python, on the carpet and around the outside of the cage but not where he can touch it.

Yes he had eaten a fuzzy rat before I brought him home. and then one since on the 13th dec.
How do I check him for mites? I can't see anything on him.

make sure your temps are right 32 and the basking spot and cool as your room temps the rest, you will see mites in the water if you have them, if it's eaten rats before you should be ok, it might not be hungry when its shedding, the eye will go clear a day or so before it will shed, and make sure his food is warm through before you feed it to him.
if he ate on the 13th he probably only missed 1 meal on the 17-18th as he is coming up to a shed, so don't handle him until he's shed and after his next feed;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back