Young jungle heating through winter

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raycarpetpython

Reaction score
Hi just wondering what methods and equipment people use to keep there young snakes warm especially on those freezing cold nights and even chilly days throughout winter. Because my little guy is only in a click-clack, I can't use a heat light because of the size of the click-clack and it will probably melt the plastic. He does have a heat rock to keep him warm but i am just wondering about ambient temps. I am considering building a new enclosure and dividing it off half way(until he gets bigger) so I will be able to use a night heat lamp(plus the other benefits of not using a click-clack). any thoughts?

cheers

mate i believe a heat mat would be the best option as it give direct heat to the floor where as a bulb you would have to run far to hot to heat the bottom of the enclosure due to the low ambient air temp, i would think that the air would cool to quickly and in a plastic tub not sure if thats a good thing. but thats just my thoughts sure i will get shut down

mate i believe a heat mat would be the best option as it give direct heat to the floor where as a bulb you would have to run far to hot to heat the bottom of the enclosure due to the low ambient air temp, i would think that the air would cool to quickly and in a plastic tub not sure if thats a good thing. but thats just my thoughts sure i will get shut down

Shut down... here.... never

this will now get deleted for chit chat

Hi just wondering what methods and equipment people use to keep there young snakes warm especially on those freezing cold nights and even chilly days throughout winter. Because my little guy is only in a click-clack, I can't use a heat light because of the size of the click-clack and it will probably melt the plastic. He does have a heat rock to keep him warm but i am just wondering about ambient temps. I am considering building a new enclosure and dividing it off half way(until he gets bigger) so I will be able to use a night heat lamp(plus the other benefits of not using a click-clack). any thoughts?

cheers

I have always read and been told that heat rocks for snakes werent a good idea......

Just a question... how are you heating it now then?!?

yeh when i first got my snake enclosure from a pet shop they sold me all this **** i didnt need including a heat rock which is now just gathering dust, cost me $50 so i dont want to bin it but i dont no what to do with it

I have always read and been told that heat rocks for snakes werent a good idea......

Just a question... how are you heating it now then?!?

Eh, maybe some old versions years ago weren't any good, but they work fine for me. I have a sparky mate who tests them for me anyway. Usually only heating with the heat rock maintains a good temp, but occasionally i will use a heat cord but haven't had to over the warmer months

alot of heat rocks i have seen wont even go above 30

I just thought the whole issue was with snakes lying on them and burning themselves or something... probably wrong... again

haha blondie at least thats you and me both

yeah anyway this has gone a bit off topic here. would be good for some actual information from other people and there experiences..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back