Young Jungle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris89

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have been busy taking pictures of some of my pythons tonight lol.

These pictures are of my young female Jungle, She's very small in size compared to other jungles her age (roughly 11 months old) I have had alot of trouble trying to get her to feed, to the point where she refused to eat for around 7 weeks. After some fighting I managed to get her to eat by placing the pinkies inside her hide with her and then leaving her alone.

Last week I was suprised! She actually took the pinkie mice off the tweezers - First time ever that she's done then, Then she refused to eat the other pinkies that I had then put into her house, until I picked each one up and then she took them off the tweezers. She had a total of 5 pinkie mice and 1 pinkie rat - only left a tiny bump on her. Then the other day I managed to get her to eat 3 decent sized Pinkie Rats off the tweezers - I'm just really happy that she's finally starting to eat now!

Anyways, Here's the pictures:

000_0001-21.jpg

000_0002-30.jpg

000_0003-26.jpg

000_0005-26.jpg

000_0007-20.jpg

000_0008-14.jpg

000_0009-3.jpg

000_0010-14.jpg

A couple of days ago, I decided to buy a snake hook to try and see if it stresses the jungles out less when getting them out of their click clacks. I have noticed and improvement with the female with using the snake hook, she seems more calm when you place her on your hand. The male on the other hand tries to bite the snake hook - So regardless of what you do with him, he'll bite you.

Mum's holding the female jungle in these pictures as I was cleaning out both jungles click clacks and I seem to be able to take better macro pictures than her, I've had alot more practice taking up close pictures of the snakes.

Cheers,

Chris

absolutely gorgeous, she is quite a poser
congrats on getting her to eat.

Shes going to colour up nice for u mate, do you breed your own rats and mice ? some fussy jungles need fresh kills to get them eatin heaps and some pateiance cheers Trent

I don't breed mice or rats, I generally tend to buy in bulk from Barrie's Rodents - It's soo much easier than mucking around with mice and rats.

If she wasn't going to start eating sooner, I was actually going to try to offer her a day old live pinkie mouse from the pet shop, however I put that off as a last resort and in the end I didn't need to do that.

absolutely gorgeous, they are quite the posers
congrats on getting your female to eat.

Thanks =) It was a mission and a half to get her to eat, the last 2 feeds she's been a pig! So lets hope that it continues that way.

Nice looking Jungle,imo you should up the size,try giving her 1-2 decent size rats,mice.

Nice looking jungle Chris :D
I have a fussy female jungle too - she would only eat every now and then when she was younger. She's eating all the time now but will only eat mice :rolleyes:
Good work getting her going, I know how frustrating it is ;)

The male jungle has never had a problem feeding, just the female.

If it were me I'd be offering small fuzzy mice as jungles in particular tend to prefer mice to rats.Once she's feeding well on the mice start trying to change to small fuzzy rats,good luck and nice loking jungle you have there....cheers!

If it were me I'd be offering small fuzzy mice as jungles in particular tend to prefer mice to rats.Once she's feeding well on the mice start trying to change to small fuzzy rats,good luck and nice loking jungle you have there....cheers!

Thanks! She's eaten 4 Pinkie Rats now - so I'm going to try and keep her on rats, then I'll upsize her feed when she gets a little bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back