Young Spotteds - Canbalistic

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayhem

Reaction score
Just has a bit of an interesting experience this morning while cleaning out my Spotted Python tubs.

Because they're a little flighty, I put the one who's tub I was cleaning in with its sibling in another tub, within seconds *bang* there was feeding response then strike and coil.

I had read before that these guys potentially eat other snakes and certainly other reptiles in the wild, hence why I diddnt just turn my back on them instantly, but I've seen it with my own eyes now.

I quickly filled the tub (with them in it) with cold water and they let go, both snakes are fine and I then kept them seperated, continued cleaning and all is now good.

Just warning for those who dont already know, its definately not a good idea to house youngsters together, especially ones with a solid feeding response!

Yes young anteresia will readily eat each other.

Yep they sure will.

Recovered_JPEGDigitalCamera_616.jpg

I wouldn't think that they would eat each other.Thamks for the heads up.so did you find out the hard way pike1?:?

Yeah from memory it wouldn't eat pinkies, but loved its cagemate.

Far out (well thats not the word I really said when I saw the pic pike) lol

not a good idea housing them together cause his cage maye would be much dearer then a pinkie hey

Quite a few species (especially elapids) are canibalistic, but its rare that people would want to house them together anyway.

good to know. I was considering getting mine out together one day soon. Dont think I will now

This one is not mine , but i have had it happen ....
To worse was i lost both as the one who ate it also died after/during regurgitating the one it had eaten .

pigchildrens.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back