Your thoughts on my enclosure before building

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

symbol

Reaction score
Gday folk

I have attached a design of my proposed enclosure with all the measurements.

They will be four individual boxes. Not one big enclosure.

The high one (about 1200 is for a diamond. The long one on the bottom (about 1400) will be for a BHP that i am getting. The other two are for hopefully for a stimmi and childreni or a small variety.

Could you tell me your honest thoughts on my plan before I get it built?

Are the enclosures big enough for what I want, espeically the BHP on the bottom.

Hope its clear enough.

Attachments

• 2007-10-10-2135-50.jpg
    2007-10-10-2135-50.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 63
Further

I will be making it out of Ply, with a nice staine, then a resign/laquer for water proofing. More then likely sliding doors. Not 100% sure what I will put as a backing. Probably just the same timber.

It looks great symbol! But dont take my opinion as I have never built a thing in my life! Just wanting to know what you will put in it???

Gday folk

I have attached a design of my proposed enclosure with all the measurements.

They will be four individual boxes. Not one big enclosure.

The high one (about 1200 is for a diamond. The long one on the bottom (about 1400) will be for a BHP that i am getting. The other two are for hopefully for a stimmi and childreni or a small variety.

Could you tell me your honest thoughts on my plan before I get it built?

Are the enclosures big enough for what I want, espeically the BHP on the bottom.

Hope its clear enough.

OK ill be honest
You will waste alot of wood building this ( it will be expensive)
You should make the depth 595 that will save you a bit
Square boxes are a pain to heat (Trust me the first few i made were nearly square Never again)
If you make the overall lenth 1200 you will save heaps in wood.
Square boxes are a pain to heat (Trust me the first few i made were nearly square Never again)
and make the 2 square boxes 400 high you will get 1 extra enclosure and it will be easier to heat.
a 1200 x 600 x 600 is big enough for a BHP.
if you make the bhp enclosue to a hight of 450mm or 500mm rather than the 600 you were talking
You could make the dimond a bit higher and the 3 stimmie ect enclosures a bit higher.

Or just make it that much smaller
All this means nothing if you are making it to fit a whole wall or something.

But im sure you will do what you like.
Regards Craig
Valley Reptile Supplies

sounds ok to me,

my coastals are in 1200 high x 600 deep x 600 long,
my maccies are in 900 long x 500 deep x 300 high,
my bhp's are in 1200 long x 600 deep x 600 high,

just a tip watch out when using sliding glass door because they can escape between the two glass doors. Its ok for bigger snakes but not small ones
I found this out the hard way

i like it, it's quite a different dividing then what i'v seen on the market, you'll have to put a support pole in the middle of the botom one though. i'm not sure what VRS means about square boxes being hard o heat, hard to maintan a gradient? i have two wooden ones that are 600 square are it can be tricky, but not impossible but hey

I always try to make my enclosures around the standard ply/melamine sizes, saves money, wastage and time (cutting). That said 1200x600 is an easy to acquire size in both ply and melamine and makes a good size enclosure, when made into 1200x600x600.

Also, to stop your snake getting out between the two sheets of sliding glass, get some pinchweld from clark rubber and fit it on the vertical, inside end of the glass slider. Don't put it on the outside one as a persistent snake can push it off. You can remove it later when the snake gets bigger if you really want to.

Thank you all, very much appreciated. I never thought about square being hard for gradient. hmmm Will certainly have to re think that.

Whats everyones thoughts on what to use on the back? Just the same ply or something different?

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back