Your Thoughts?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My observation is that lots of keepers buy apair of pythons get sick of that breedin a year or two and try something else. As snakes get older, obviously the chances of being exposed to some nastie increase relative to a hatchling.
no one wants to buy a snake from a stranger for $$$ but are happy to buy a car for $$$$$ from one ;)

I have no problem buying adult snakes, as long as they meet my standards.

All interesting answers.
I just love having hatchies and growing them up.They a e my babies.
Sometimes I have had to make the hard decision to sell some......I used to have nine bredli..I now have 6. I will be down grading again in the future and a lot of lizads will be going. These are tenuine reasons as we have to many mouths to feed and want to stay with the species we really love. In saying that, we will be downgrading some and adding a couple of others.

never had a problem.
and i have scored some great reptiles for great prices over the years.
i really dont care about the seller as long as the herp looks good and is healthy
. the seller could have leprosy for all i care

. the seller could have leprosy for all i care

You do know leprosy is contagious right?:D I would probably give a seller with leprosy a wide birth, or at the very least not shake on the deal....:lol:

I chose to buy a youngster as I wanted to see him grow up and experience the changes in size, colour and behaviour :D. If I got an adult I would probably be not as happy even thought it was a great snake,as I would feel I have missed the best part. Its hard to explain, I guess it is what a parent must feel for their children.

I've thought about getting an adult snake before.... but I want to raise the snake myself, you get a closer bond if you ask me. So I stick to buying hatchies.....

I usually buy adult monitors of known proven sex to pair up with what i already have. Everything else I prefer to buy as hatchlings. It is getting harder to know who you can trust so when possible I try to buy from recommended breeders or breeders I have gotten to know. When I cant find what I need from these people I will use unknown breeders and just hope I wont be ripped off.

I have bought snake from hatchling to adult size and I must say I have had no problems what so ever. I prefer to buy as an adult than a hatchy because I prefer the larger snakes.
Thats my opinion and Im sticking with it LOL but honestly, you can get bad orgood with anything its just depeds on what you are looking for and what reasons are for selling the reptile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back