You're old when......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devil

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
There is a joke or saying that starts with...you know you are old when.......

Well maybe my daughter must be right in calling me a fossil ....

OK, I'm old as I can remember the following.

Petrol.......8.5 cents per litre, $2.00 was half a tank in my Corolla. (1973)
15.9 cents per litre in 1978
19.5 cents per litre in 1980
60.5 cents per litre in 1994

CocaCola.....25 cents per can...

Falcon GTHO......$4500....

Cigarettes.......40 cents pack of 20..., $1.00 pack of 20 in 1975

First home.....$29000..... and no it wasn't a caravan....

Hell the way prices go up maybe I had better buy a burial plot while I can afford it.

Funny you posting this as we had this conversation the other night and the big one i remember is when a bag of hot chips was only ten cents

not that im old or anything, but i remember in the mid 90's $2 of hot chips would feed a family of 4!!!
now you cant even get $2 worth! minimum is $3 and it barely feeds me on my own!!

I remember when a 25km Taxi ride cost $8- .

How about petrol at 54 cents a gallon for super .
dearest show bag $2.50 .
rent a 3 bedroom house for less than$100.00 a week .
go to the movies $2.00 .
schooner of beer 33 cents

YOUR OLD WHEN........................I look at some people and think that their mullet hair do suits them:).............and long live acid wash jeans lol (Bon Scott in tight *** jeans!!!)RBB

First home.....$29000..... and no it wasn't a caravan....

Hell the way prices go up maybe I had better buy a burial plot while I can afford it.

My family built a new 4bed, 2bath on 1.75acres in the suburbs of Perth in 1988 and total cost was $24,000 including land.

You know your old when you catch yourself saying "That's not music, that noise........now in my day..." I did it the other day. O God I thought I am now my DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when a Roughie was triple the price it is now.

i'm only young but i do remember when petrol was well under $1 in the 90's

I feel old when i mention the daas and get blank stares from people

I remember when kids shows and cartoons were all appropriate for children to watch!

When I was in primary school I would get a pie, packet of chips and a drink for 17 cents. Petrol was 17 cents a liter when I first got my license (must have cost more in Victoria Mr. Devil). A phase III GTHO would cost $4,500 (try to get one for under $100k now :)

i know i'm old because when naughty kids come into work with parents in tow i find myself saying, when i was a kid i wouldn't have got away with that i would have got a good smack in the head and sent back to the car to wait for everyone else and i'm only 21!!!! i also remember going to the movire for under $10 with a drink and popcorn

My first car..fuel 40 cents per gallon for super....cigarettes 20 cents for a park of 10...

My first brand new car..Corolla SL...$2300.....I couldn't afford a Corona, it was $2600...

Interest rates on a passbook savings account, any balance, 3.75%

A motel room in Toowoomba $7 per night..........

A time when there were NO computers, electronic calculators, just hand crank mechanical adding machines.

My first mobile phone came with 2 batteries, one lasted 6 hours on standby and the other 4 hours.

Television stations, black and white, started transmission at 4pm daily and closed down at 10pm.

Cars with metal dashes, no seat belts, cross ply tyres, radios and heaters were optional extras.

Shops didn't open on sundays, oh, wait, its still like that in wa

Golden Fleece service stations were everywhere,and phone numbers had only 5 numbers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back