You're old when......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
watching roger ramjet and doctor who when the was only channel 6 and Abc

That channel 6 was BTV6 Ballarat and as well as local programming they took some programs from channels 7, 9, and 10 from Melbourne.

I also remember watching the goods trains go past our house at Toolondo and they were pulled by steam locomotives (both coal and oil fired). They went over to diesel in the mid '60's and now the line has closed down.

I'm only 47.

[That would make you around 60 years old. Are you sure you're not talking about colour televisions? Not having a go at your age, with age comes wisdom (I'm an exception to the rule) ;) /QUOTE]

Not there yet, but its coming up fast.:)
1954 was a good year.

Yes, the coal fired steam trains and if you put your head out the window you ended up with a face full of ash. Walking along the rail line to pick up coal to use in the stove or heater.

Wood stoves and keeping the wood box full.

The ABC radio serial at 12 noon, Blue Hills, the afternoon radio serials, Biggles and Bluebottle

glad to know that we have a good amount of people 40 years and over ...........us crunkles have to stick together....

When you see a flat top arcade game and remember when you could get 5 games for 20c. Oh, how I miss 1942 and the original pac-man.

Does anyone remember Amstraad, Commodore64 and Atari. I still remember the old tape deck you had to load the computer programs (noise) off. And to copy one, you needed to cassette decks and a quiet room.

Does anyone remember Commodore64. I still remember the old tape deck you had to load the computer programs (noise) off. And to copy one, you needed to cassette decks and a quiet room.

Yes, we had one of those! :) (sold it recently on ebay ;) ).
You had to put the tape in, (some models were disc) summer games or winter games etc, and wait ages till it loaded and then when you finished playing you couldn't save it! :(

The last 2 weeks we have been playing wonderboy,r-type,alex the kid,alien syndrome etc on sega master system. :)

When you see a flat top arcade game and remember when you could get 5 games for 20c. Oh, how I miss 1942 and the original pac-man.

Does anyone remember Amstraad, Commodore64 and Atari. I still remember the old tape deck you had to load the computer programs (noise) off. And to copy one, you needed to cassette decks and a quiet room.

I Had the commodore 128 and the intellivision
Games took so long to load

I remember Mum driving into a service station, seeing the price of 14.9cents and driving off in disgust. She almost died a few weeks later when we were holidaying in NZ and it was 48c a litre.

B&W TV. And when the first remote controls came in, they were connected to the TV by a long lead.

When there were no ATMs, all banking was passbook, Banks opened at 10am and closed at 3pm. $1 and $2 notes.

A time before Microwave ovens.

When casual male clothing was a Safari Suit (or Leisure Suit as it was also called).

RC Cola, Stud Cola, TAB and Leed Lemonade.

A packet of Smith's Chips cost 15c.

The latest LP was $4.99, or $5.99 on cassette. K-Tel Record Selectors. Explosive Hits 74.

My first payslip - I grossed $181.00 per a fortnight.

The latest Hardy Boys, Three Investigators, Nancy Drew or Hal and Roger Hunt Adventure series book cost 70c in paperback and $1.25 in hardback.

Captain Pugwash, Captain Scarlet, Kimba the White Lion, Ruff and Ready, Tom and Jerry, U.F.O. (now out on DVD), the Herculoids, The Impossibles, Adventure Island, Atom Ant, Cool McCool, Tom from T.H.U.M.B., the Banana Splits, Shazam!, the Justice League of America, Gigantor, Prince Planet.

:p

Hix

And the first computer was invented in the early 1940s too......

I meant a time before there were microwave ovens in every home and cooking anything took forever......

Hix

That channel 6 was BTV6 Ballarat and as well as local programming they took some programs from channels 7, 9, and 10 from Melbourne.

I also remember watching the goods trains go past our house at Toolondo and they were pulled by steam locomotives (both coal and oil fired). They went over to diesel in the mid '60's and now the line has closed down.

I'm only 47.

Thats right it was too ;)

Im affraid the only steam trains i remember was when they came through for some reason and half of Horsham was at the station :lol:

P.s Im not missing the place yet ;)

Hix.......your first pay was $181.00 for the 2 weeks, mate you are but a child.......my first pay for an 80 hour fortnight was $49.16.....(National Bank)

Mowing a half acre house block for $2.00

Trapping, cleaning and selling rabbits for $2.00 a pair.

Postage stamps...5 cents.

Getting my drivers and open bike licence without doing any sort of test, but it still cost me $4.00

You know you're old when.................You no longer pee without intervals :)

I remember Mum driving into a service station, seeing the price of 14.9cents and driving off in disgust. She almost died a few weeks later when we were holidaying in NZ and it was 48c a litre.

B&W TV. And when the first remote controls came in, they were connected to the TV by a long lead.

When there were no ATMs, all banking was passbook, Banks opened at 10am and closed at 3pm. $1 and $2 notes.

A time before Microwave ovens.

When casual male clothing was a Safari Suit (or Leisure Suit as it was also called).

RC Cola, Stud Cola, TAB and Leed Lemonade.

A packet of Smith's Chips cost 15c.

The latest LP was $4.99, or $5.99 on cassette. K-Tel Record Selectors. Explosive Hits 74.

My first payslip - I grossed $181.00 per a fortnight.

The latest Hardy Boys, Three Investigators, Nancy Drew or Hal and Roger Hunt Adventure series book cost 70c in paperback and $1.25 in hardback.

Captain Pugwash, Captain Scarlet, Kimba the White Lion, Ruff and Ready, Tom and Jerry, U.F.O. (now out on DVD), the Herculoids, The Impossibles, Adventure Island, Atom Ant, Cool McCool, Tom from T.H.U.M.B., the Banana Splits, Shazam!, the Justice League of America, Gigantor, Prince Planet.

Hix

I remember all of this. It was not allowed to take more then 20 cents to school. you couldn't eat 20 cents worth of food in those days.
I was unbeatable on Asteroids. Yeah ASTEROIDS!!!
When colour tv came out, it blew us away.
Kids Beer and Dads Ale.
Paul Hogan was king.

You know you're old when you go to a nightclub and get looked at with pity by kids! and you think back to when you were their age and you said, god help me if I'm still nightclubbing at 35.... or while you're there a guy tries to hit on you then introduces you to his kids!!!

WE KNOW WE ARE OLD BECAUSE WE ARE REMINISING .........................i still think glugs ,sunny boys and razz's rule the school as iceblocks go!!

you know a blokes old when a kid ****** him off and he says ' stop buggerising around you little ratbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back