zebraXhorse

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisreptile

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
did anyone else see the german zebra X italion stallion on the news today?

its head head and left hind quarter were stripey and the rest was pure white.

yeah its called a Zorse, it reminded me of a pie-bald ball python. ( well its patterning did anyways) :lol:

Everywhere I look, it says a 'Zorse' is the result of crossing a Zebra stallion with a horse mare.

Seeing as this was a Zebra mare crossed with a horse stallion, is it still called a Zorse?

you can call it a Hebra, if you want to...;)

ahahahaha yes!

it was in The Gold Coast Bulletin.
nice looking in some ways, weird in others.....

:) belle

i love its random patch of zebra print on his bum! crazy crazy animals

Everywhere I look, it says a 'Zorse' is the result of crossing a Zebra stallion with a horse mare.

Seeing as this was a Zebra mare crossed with a horse stallion, is it still called a Zorse?

No, the name is dependant on the father species. So it would be different.:lol:

Looks like these sorts of Hybrids are common??? Wasn't too hard to find an example of one:

zj101.jpg

http://www.sportpony.com/Zorse.htm

did you just love how this story was so much more important than the return of the spice girls though lol

They have been around for donkeys years, excuse the pun.

In a weird and creepy kind of way, i take that as a compliment :D thanx jessop

sorry da_donk i wasn't havin a go or anything and i knew you'd appreciate it ;) you have to be one of the more colorful members on this site for sure! i always enjoy your comments and had a feeling you'd take it the right way :)

Edit: just read the article. It was a Zebra stallion crossed with a horse mare, not the other way round as stated in the original post.

A Zorse is when a Zebra stallion impregnates a horse mare.

A Zorse can not be produced by covering a Zebra mare with a horse stallion, it has something to do with their chromosomes. A horse has 66; a Zebra has 44. In order to produce offspring, the smaller number of chromosomes needs to be on the stallion's side; therefore the sire must always be a Zebra stallion. Any attempts to put a horse stallion over a Zebra mare would never result in a pregnancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back