Zoo Med Eco earth- loose coconut fibre substrate?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webcol

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has used this? Any advice, experience, Advantages or disadvantages?
Thanks
(Edit) - i just realised the one i have is not Loose, it is the compressed one..

Attachments

• Image079.jpg
    Image079.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
there was a similar thread on this stuff last week. Aparently you can get similar stuff from bunnings that is very good as a substrate, but I went there on the weekend and couldn't find any.

I use it for a few different gecko species and it works great.

its bark in a brick takes about an hour to break up but once its broken up makes a good dry substrate and moisten it up a bit and makes a nice humid enviroment for green trees

yesterday i read it was coconut husk, I was going to use it for my bredli, but it recommends use for wet woodland forests, so not sure

The draw back is it's price!
The same thing at bunnings is $1.70.
Just make sure you don't get the one with fertiliser/water crystals added

In a round about kind of way this is relavent.
I received an email today about using coco mulch in the garden,and how its irresistible to dogs,they love the smell of it and as a result they eat it.
However it is EXTREMELY toxic to them and 'apparently' has been proven that it can kill them.Just something to keep in mind if you decide to use it,KEEP IT OUT OF REACH OF ANY OTHER ANIMALS.

the one at bunnings is called coco pete moss its 2.50 and is fertiliser and chemical free is the same as the ones at the petshop but cheaper.cheers

I paid 6 per brick of the stuff, and it makes out to be a large amount. And dont worry i wont let any dogs in my enclosure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back