GTP pricing 07--08?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paul4

Reaction score
Has anyone heard what sort of price the average import green hatchling will be this year?
I have some that will be for sale soon once they are all feeding well etc and havent really been watching the prices this year..
Thanks
Paul

Whatever someone will pay mate.

URS are still $6600 aren't they?

But you can get them for anywhere between $4,000 - $10,000 so its up to you.

$6k is about right, $5k if you want to move them.

Uhmm.. excuse my ignorance but what is a "import green hatchling"???

Is it different from a normal GTP??

Ben

the bottom dropped out of the market, $50 each if you are lucky.... I am a generous bloke so am happy purchase all you have at $75 a pop.....

sorry for the thread hijack, but it had to be done

mmm and what ever ones jack wont take i will be kind enough to have them.....
lol and yeah around 6k give or take a few hundred depending on how you feel
: )

I reckon around 4k to 6k depending on parentage and obviously is feeding well.

im with boa, URS may be selling at 6600, but they are half ozy, so imo worth atleast 1K more then the imports, i think 5K a good start but 4500sounds better! need to remember URS at 6600 is also garunteed feeding, insured during transport, 24hr assist line etc etc. and from what i understand there is a few around this season so i personally would be setting it alittle low to get them one befor there are heeps on the market which will make moving them a litle more difficult. good luck mate!
would love to see some photos.

just a question do people think there should be a price difference between reds and yellows anytime soon?

I don't..

I think they both look great, sure reds are not as common (der) but doesn't mean you pay more when they are both going to turn out the same colour..

When the red hatchling phase morphs start being bred in the future,
the red hatchies will be a lot more than yellow hatchies ,
just my 2 cents worth

Pugs, Is that right? Do they both turn out the same color?I mean Colour, Its bad enogh having yankee GTPs but you'd think we could keep away from yankee spelling. My observation is that some red babies end up yellow whereas most yellow babies end up green.

I think you will find that the prices will remain the same. Every year for the last 4-5 years, everybody has tagged the coming season as the season where Greens will drop in price. There will be mates rates of ~$4000, a couple of cheap ones at $5000 and the rest going between $5500 and $9000 depending on quality and sometimes gullibility of the purchaser.

When the red hatchling phase morphs start being bred in the future,
the red hatchies will be a lot more than yellow hatchies ,
just my 2 cents worth

ive seen red hatchies available here before, I think it was on herptrader. It was 7k from what i remmeber

As far as colours go red and yellow babies can end up a variety of different colours. Yellow babies can be high yellow or green as can red babies.

Wokka, I meant same colour in general, yes there is some 'more yellow' adults around which were red babies, but then there are red babies which have turned out completely green like every other yellow baby.

Personally, there called GREEN tree python for a reason, so I'll take a yellow baby thanks hehe. Anyone wanna give me one?

Red hatchlings have been available for years, Roger means once the different colour phases are being bred (which are often associated with red hatchlings) their prices could go up.

ive seen red hatchies available here before, I think it was on herptrader. It was 7k from what i remmeber

I dont think we will see too many changes in price for different phases yet...

There isn't enough of them around for that yet IMO. But time will tell, and it will happen soon enough.

personally i think there are alot more red hatchies then people think, people generally dont show picture sof the reds for sale because they think they will sell more if they show yellows because everyone knows reds are associated with most exotic localities.

re GTP

personally i think there are alot more red hatchies then people think, people generally dont show picture sof the reds for sale because they think they will sell more if they show yellows because everyone knows reds are associated with most exotic localities.

Exotic locals are no problem with this little black duck,the red baby GTPs give me an orgasmic stiffy! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back