GTP pricing 07--08?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh well i guess that proves it can be done, if it wasnt set up.
so, now how much do u trust ur local gtp breeder not to rip u off.

If I remember correctly, I have seen a wildlife doco "Steve Irwin' If I remember where they found a yellow GTP hatchling up north, and then found a red phase in the same clutch of Bamboo. It stuck in my mind that here was a red phase in the wild on film for prosperity....

Are you sure? I am pretty sure they found two yellow hatchlings if it's the same footage I'm thinking off, but I will check tonight and confirm.

Also has there ever been any evidence of Merauke GTP's producing any red babies? According to Maxwell's book they also produce yellow babies.

I would want to see that bit of film, it is completely unheard of and I haven't read anything about this 'sighting'

ok taking into account he prob put it there, is there a genetic difference that stops aussie gtps from producing red bubs?

Yes my bad, I just checked the doco, it was 2 yellow phase animals. I watch way too much animal planet doco's.

I would have been very surprised if he had found a red baby but it hadn't become a major issue over here.

There probably is Lector. (Genetic difference in them)

I don't know of any Reds from pure Aussies either. Its just the way it is.

Its like saying why can't any python produce different colours, they just don't, Diamonds come out black, Bredli Browns and Oranges, Aussie GTP's Yellow. Just the way it is.

lector- you are obviously fixated on the idea that ozys may one day produce red bubs,never has one been bred or caught, the has been enough studies imo to say that the chances of a red hatchy is very small! not only do ausy's not produce them but also the closest localities out side australia only produce yellows. marukes and arus only have yellow hatchies.
obviously for a red hatchy not to have hatched would mean that there is obviously genetic variation involved. when somebody trys to sell me a pure ozy gtp that is red, i will happily by it at the price of an exotic...cause thats what it is. as mentioned the amount of crossing going on with gtp currently there is little proof that a red abby want be from a cross breeding.

personally when i have the cash to get some gtp i will be grabbing a red one cause they look great and they do tend to give different adult colouration in comparison to the yellows

If I remember correctly, I have seen a wildlife doco "Steve Irwin' If I remember where they found a yellow GTP hatchling up north, and then found a red phase in the same clutch of Bamboo. It stuck in my mind that here was a red phase in the wild on film for prosperity....

yes i remember that too . I think it was the same episode as when Terri Irwin found a BHP
really high up in a tree :)

by the way caustic , I think you mean posterity , not prosperity.
actually , come to think of it , maybe it was caustic humour & you really did mean prosperity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back