Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be interested to see what it looks like as an adult :)

"Marbled MDs" eh Hazzard.......well, I would never have thought of that. :D

Cheetah MD's, that's something new as well....LOL - Yes Codered, maybe a bit too much thought on this one. :D:D:D:D

Not sure what to call them. Will probably end up waiting to prove it is genetic before I name them as such. Don't want to start a line, give it a name and then find it is not an inheritable trait. Prefer to prove it and then name it rather than the other way around.:lol:

Looks like the parents are from the Gosford area? ;)
LMAO

Thanks for the comments. Will certainly be interesting to see what it looks like as an adult. Will prove to be another interesting breeding program.

Cheers
Daz

congrats mate, the best carpet i have seen in australia as far as pattern goes! congrats

Wow, they are different looking. How are these hatchlings in general terms (are they weak or strong hatchlings)??
You'll have to keep us all posted on how they develop.

Awesome looking MD's hugsta, be interesting watching them grow and colour up. Congrats.

Heaps stoked for you mate. Definately a winner of a line to work with! I'll be watching and waiting to see what comes from the pairing in years to come.......I'm sure whatever comes out will be even better!

Congrats.
Den

in the Aussie "morph era" you could start a your personal bloodline mate with that marbled MD I guess. In the next 3 years you'll prove if it's genetic or not.
My congrats
Stef

Hummm, I don't know Hugsta....
The ratio hatched, SCREAMS simple resessive mutation.
If it would have been an incubator problem, you would see the effects over the entire clutch.
You go!!!!!
D.

Great stuff Hugsta, you must be very happy with those little critters you have hatched out there!! :shock:
I hope they proove out for you, and you are able to start the first of it's kind line here in Oz!! :D
Congrats Daz!

Thought I would share a couple of pics of one of my MDs that hatched out this year. .
Let me know what you think?

Cheers
Daz

Very unusual looking pythons you have there Darren.

Nice work! They are the only other truly different'' looking morelia that have been hatched in Oz apart from those '' Ghost Phase'' Darwins.

I am sure you will be offered some nice dollars for them!

Thanks for showing the general public!

Cheers,

Chip

Well done Darren! All these new possible morphs popping up lately, exciting stuff. Congrats

Very nice... & im not too into snakes yet.... my son is trying to convert

I do love the 2nd & 3rd pics........great ssssssstufff!

Looks like a hypo or something doesn't it.

Maybe like some coastals though it gradually gets it patterns and colours as it grows, time will tell, looks hot nice work

they look ugly!!! feedem to some black heads lol

joking bud ;) well done dazz :):)

Wow, they are different looking. How are these hatchlings in general terms (are they weak or strong hatchlings)??
You'll have to keep us all posted on how they develop.

They are all healthy and strong so to speak, They average around 16 grams in weight, with the smallest being 12grams and the largest 21 grams. Half the clutch have already started feeding. So look forward to see how they develop.

Heaps stoked for you mate. Definately a winner of a line to work with! I'll be watching and waiting to see what comes from the pairing in years to come.......I'm sure whatever comes out will be even better!

Congrats.
Den

Thanks Den,

in the Aussie "morph era" you could start a your personal bloodline mate with that marbled MD I guess. In the next 3 years you'll prove if it's genetic or not.
My congrats
Stef

That would be nice Stefano, one can only hope.

Hummm, I don't know Hugsta....
The ratio hatched, SCREAMS simple resessive mutation.
If it would have been an incubator problem, you would see the effects over the entire clutch.
You go!!!!!
D.

It does certaily look like a recessive trait, but until proven I will have an element of doubt. You would think you would see either more or less with an incubator problem, but the odds point to genetic mutation.

OR, if the parents produce the same results next year.
D.

Yes, this thought has crossed my mind and the female is already in good condition for this coming season, so fingers crossed.:D

Looks like a hypo or something doesn't it.

Maybe like some coastals though it gradually gets it patterns and colours as it grows, time will tell, looks hot nice work

Not sure if I would call it hypo, still has black in it, although reduced. But it still seems like en equivalent amount of black in it for the amount of patterning, more patternless then hypo I would say Pugs. JMO. Will be interesting to see if it gains black like carpets do as you mention, although I have my doubts. Will have to wait and see.

awesome, would you call them lucistic?

No, luecism is a form of albino, but luecistic animals have no skin pigmentation at all and are pure white animals without markings and either blue or black eyes.

Thanks everyone for the comments, I hope it is something that proves to be genetic but only time will tell. looks like I need to make more cage space for this project as well now....LOL.

LOL Big Hobbs......:lol: Cheap BHP food for sale.......;)

Cheers
Daz

they look like realy beautifull snakes you have there good luck man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back